EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've recently started having problems with my 2014 Enclave a/c. It runs fine one minute( with not the coldest air) then starts blowing hot air, but when I notice it blowing hot air, the water gage drops down to 160 and stays where before it was at 210 and my check engine light comes on. I have checked the cabin filter and it is dirty and is being replaced today and I am going to remove the HVAC fuse and replace it to see what happens but I don't think that will help with the water gage problem, anyone have this problem?

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Sounds like you should be looking into the cooling system for the engine, not your HVAC. I think the ECU is seeing problems with the engine temperature and it's turning off your AC to reduce load. You shouldn't see swings in the temp gauge on modern vehicles that aren't heavily modded.

Start by waiting until the engine is cool and check the level in the overflow tank. If it's empty, take off the plastic shield so you can access the radiator cap and take that off and see how low the level is (if it's not right to the cap, it's low). I cannot stress enough, ONLY DO THIS WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD, unless you like trips to the ER to deal with steam burns.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Perhaps a bad temperature sensor. If it gets too cold, the AC won't turn on. The computer may think it's too cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts