EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Enclave from a dealer located about 15 miles from my house. There's another dealer located only a mile away and I'm thinking about bringing Burt to the closer dealer for service issues. Is this a bad idea? I don't know the service history of either dealer and I'm wondering if I'd be committing some sort of faux pas by doing this. I did test drive a Enclave from dealer #2 but they knew virtually nothing about Buick in general and specifically the Enclave so I went to the better dealer for the purchase.

TIA, Axiama

·
Registered
222 Posts
Historically I have not bought and had my vehicles serviced by the same place, mostly due to the locaction of the dealer. With my Enclave I do intend to take it in for service where I purchased.

I would be concerned that if the closer dealer did not know about Buick as well that their service deptarment may be the same. Do they service a fair share of Buicks? Are they use to their design, are the knowledgaeable about the specifics of the Buick line?

When trying a new place for service I like to start with a basic service (like an oil change), go speak with the service people at the desk, chat with the service manager. If they are willing to talk with you about your new Enclave and chat with you about some of the specifics and make you comfortable then that may help with your choice of continuing business with them. If they blow you off or do not want to talk to you then I would not return.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No one is obligated to have their vehicle serviced from the same dealer they bought it from. You shouldn't feel guilty having it serviced somewhere else. It all boils down to your comfort level and how much you trust their service. Research and talk to the rep and choose the one you're most comfortable with.

·
Registered
80 Posts
axiama said:
I purchased my Enclave from a dealer located about 15 miles from my house. There's another dealer located only a mile away and I'm thinking about bringing Burt to the closer dealer for service issues. Is this a bad idea? I don't know the service history of either dealer and I'm wondering if I'd be committing some sort of faux pas by doing this. I did test drive a Enclave from dealer #2 but they knew virtually nothing about Buick in general and specifically the Enclave so I went to the better dealer for the purchase.
My dealer, a big one, told me that they are lucky to make a couple of hundred thousand a year on the sale of new cars. The real money is in the service department. If this is correct, any dealer would love to do your repairs no matter where you bought the car.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
axiama said:

TIA, Axiama
you might want to return to the dealer where you purchased in this case... Don't want anything to happen to Burt.... unless you don't mind them testing their enclave skills on burt... at the least for the first few visits for service.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll test the service dept with an oil change and see how it goes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My 2 cents.

I always try to buy close to home so I can get it serviced at the place of purchase. Reason being is development of loyalty both ways. Most of the time I feel I am the more loyal, but I've had a borderline case or two where my dealer has given me the break. Once I was just a few miles over warranty and they covered it. Perhaps they would all do that, but I would think if anybody did me a favor, it would be the purchase dealer.

It still goes back to the overall attitude of the dealer. If they want to give good service, they will. If they don't care, it will show quickly in most cases.

Galen

G

·
gshields said:
My 2 cents.

I always try to buy close to home so I can get it serviced at the place of purchase. Reason being is development of loyalty both ways. Most of the time I feel I am the more loyal, but I've had a borderline case or two where my dealer has given me the break. Once I was just a few miles over warranty and they covered it. Perhaps they would all do that, but I would think if anybody did me a favor, it would be the purchase dealer.

It still goes back to the overall attitude of the dealer. If they want to give good service, they will. If they don't care, it will show quickly in most cases.

Galen

i can confurm this, my purchase dealer is always my dervice dealer and they are the best servive people money can buy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have bought 4 New :) vehicles and had them serviced at the same Pontiac/Buickl/GMC dealer I purchased them from. I have had excellent service and the Service Manager and staff always have gone out of their way to make sure I am satisfied with my Service. Someone always calls me a day or two after the visit to ask me about my Service Experience and make sure everything was done to my satisfaction. Yes I live I a "small town".
Wen I advised them about the transmission up date om my Enclave not only did they find it, they performed the update the same day!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts