EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Enclave the other day and really enjoyed driving it and it's overall appearance until I looked at the rear leather seat damage.I am shocked at how this Enclave passed inspection.The rear seat behind the passenger side has faded leather on the seat,indentations from what looks like a heavy object was on there and a white substance under the mesh.The seat is so bad that the service Manager told me he's going to have to order me a new seat.If General Motors doesn't care about the quality of the vehicles that leave there plants then it's no wonder Toyota and all the other Japanese auto companies are out selling them every year.For an Employee to install a seat like that is disgusting.I hope this DM seat isn't the start of more poor quality to come.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Kman63,

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully, it will be taken care of appropriately. I want to thank you for posting this. A real benefit for me and others who remain high on the Enclave is to hear about the experiences of owners. If I were a GM official, I would assign someone(s) to hawk this site as a barometer not only of customer satisfaction, but potential problems that need to be rectified, as well. The amount of money involved in development is staggering. I would want to know about problems such as these. The company has a great vehicle, up to a point. These not so little problems are suicide when one is trying to restore a brand name. Thanks for your input and please let all know about the resolution. Good luck.

BB

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hopefully this is just a mistake that seat got thru at all and it will be replaced for you right away. I hear your frustration, tho, when you pay $45000 for a vehicle and get it with a huge, very obvious problem. Keep us posted! And good luck. [/color] :eek:hno:

·
Registered
171 Posts
You'd think someone at the dealer would have noticed it when they prepped it. Is there anyway you can snap a picture and put it up here?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
jr7243 said:
You'd think someone at the dealer would have noticed it when they prepped it. Is there anyway you can snap a picture and put it up here?
I agree that the dealer should have noticed that.
My Enclave was prepped so carefully, that they noticed a scratch on the front right outside door handle, and the replacement was already ordered when I took delivery.
By the way, THAT part only took a week to come in.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is a trend starting in regard to some quality issues overall with this vehicle, or am I being hypersensitive?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Dare I say you are hypersensitive.
The quality is great.
Just go to any vehicle forum, and you will see that the problems will be magnified.
They are generally in the minority.
Those of us that have no, or minor problems, just don't keep posting that fact.
Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is my first GM car. Was delivered in tip-top shape.

Only car I ever had quality issues with -- brand new Toyota Camry. Looked like someone rubbed a dirty baby diaper all over the back of the front seat. You'd have to be blind to miss it. Obviously it was missed by quite a few people. But I saw it, even before I drove the car off the lot.

Guess no car manufacturer is immune to a mistake. I agree, it is unacceptable to be presented a vehicle as ready for delivery when, in fact, it is not. But I don't think this slack in quality is reserved for only some manufacturers and completely bypassed by others. And hopefully, all of us are given a fair chance to make up for our mistakes.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Kman63 said:
Just got my Enclave the other day and really enjoyed driving it and it's overall appearance until I looked at the rear leather seat damage.I am shocked at how this Enclave passed inspection.The rear seat behind the passenger side has faded leather on the seat,indentations from what looks like a heavy object was on there and a white substance under the mesh.The seat is so bad that the service Manager told me he's going to have to order me a new seat.If General Motors doesn't care about the quality of the vehicles that leave there plants then it's no wonder Toyota and all the other Japanese auto companies are out selling them every year.For an Employee to install a seat like that is disgusting.I hope this DM seat isn't the start of more poor quality to come.
If you have a problem with your Enclave, fine....this is the place to post it and get help. But those of you who immediately make rash conclusions of "this is proof of why GM stinks and the imports are so perfect" blah blah blah blah need to give it a rest. It is frankly getting OLD!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ccaats said:
If you have a problem with your Enclave, fine....this is the place to post it and get help. But those of you who immediately make rash conclusions of "this is proof of why GM stinks and the imports are so perfect" blah blah blah blah need to give it a rest. It is frankly getting OLD!
:ditto:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Attached is a link to sign up for Truedelta.com's reliability survey. If you haven't done so already please sign up.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=49.0

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=2407.0

Quote:

Thanks to the help of this forum, TrueDelta received 127 responses covering 351 months of ownership for the 2008 Enclave, Acadia, and Outlook. (The sample was about 3/4 Enclaves.) The result of 44 repairs per 100 cars is a bit better than the average for a 2008, and about half the repair rate for the 2007 Lambdas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ccaats said:
Considering Toyota had about twice as many recalls as GM did last year, I agree.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yesterday I was very upset in finding that DM seat installed in my Enclave.This problem should have been caught before it left the factory that's why they have inspection departments.Building vehicles on the line starts with having "PRIDE" in what you do for a living.If you want your Company to get a bad name then keep doing your job half ass and the results will show down the road.I shouldn't have mentioned the Japanese companies at all ,that was a fit of anger on my part.I would never ever buy a Japanese Car.I really enjoy driving my Enclave and I hope this Seat problem will be the only one I have.GM does put out great vehicles it just takes one employee to give them at bad rap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No Sweat Kman have had those moments myself (see dealer can't get parts), Hey you look alot like a movie star. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
PAPoPo said:
Time will tell Mr. Buick.......
From someone who has been driving Buicks for 25 years, "time has told"
with excellent service & reliability.

·
Registered
644 Posts
MRBUICK said:
From someone who has been driving Buicks for 25 years, "time has told"
with excellent service & reliability.
I'm counting on that testimonial, Mr. Buick. It's good to hear, but for those of us without it, we have to be careful with limited $. Thanks for the comment.

BB

·
Registered
84 Posts
The first thing I noticed when I looked at the E, that I would eventually buy, was when I shut the door it was as solid as, and immediately re mined me of the "64" Wildcat I owned in the early 70's. Buick has been making a quality product for a long time I hope the Enclave becomes the new "Wildcat" for them.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Not a problem kman, you have a right to be upset. Just remember that a human (or robot) having a "brain fart" and not doing his job properly can happen in any manufacturer's factory. I sell equipment and see some strange things make it through from our factories sometimes, but you can be sure a similar problem has shown up at one time or another from each of my competitors. The OVERALL package and reliability should tell the story. Here's sending you good wishes that the seat was the only issue with your Enclave! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
ccaats said:
... can happen in any manufacturer's factory. ... you can be sure a similar problem has shown up at one time or another from each of my competitors. The OVERALL package and reliability should tell the story.
Yup. That's the bottom line...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts