EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend interested in Cocoa with Cashmere, but is concerned the carpet will be light colored and soil easily. What color is the carpet?

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's tan or camel colored. Many are replacing the dealer mats with mats that cover the floor fairly well. I was concerned, but no problems so far. Husband has gray carpet in his car and this seems to be lighter than the cashmere. Daughter has black in her car and while you can't see staining, you see every day dirt/lint etc much easier than the cashmere.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have the cashmere, and the carpet is darker than the seats, etc. I don't think it's a problem, but don't have kids...well, just the furry kind. I think the Ebony would be worse for lint, crumbs, etc. Plus I do have to say, my next dog with be "cashmere".[/color] :angel:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
I have the cashmere, and the carpet is darker than the seats, etc. I don't think it's a problem, but don't have kids...well, just the furry kind. I think the Ebony would be worse for lint, crumbs, etc. Plus I do have to say, my next dog with be "cashmere".[/color] :angel:
I agree completely.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have ebony carpet, and yes, it reveals all the dirt, which is good too since you know you have to take it to a wash, but it also hides all the stains.

I guess it really depends on where you live too. I had similar to Cocoa interior in my old car and it used to get stains in winter from all the snow / salt in the shoes some of them very hard to remove.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have cocoa with cashmere interior. LOVE the colors inside. I was very worried in fact I posted about my concerns before my car came. The carpeting is a light caramel color, and yes it shows dirt, but for the winter I bought clear rubber floor mats that have deep "waffling" to catch melting snow and water so it doesn't run off the mats onto the floor. I got them at Sears and they are protecting the floor very well, though they're a bit narrower in the front than I'd like. (So I also left the cashmere colored mats underneath them for further protection). Come summer (or maybe Santa will bring me some for Christmas), I'm going to order the nice custom mats in the cocoa color to match the cocoa accents in the interior. :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Buick should make a true cocoa interior, same color as the dark brown accents of the light beige. Now that would be something!

The SUV we replaced with the Enclave had a very appealing golden tan interior, leather etc. and was always dirty no matter how well we cleaned it. The edges where the carpet would be seen around our all weather black mats always ended up stained and the leather eventually became uncleanable/stained.

The ebony is elegant and cleans up really well, but is somewhat dark and somber. Ours is without a sunroof so consider ordering with a sunroof if you like the black.

TM

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tin Man said:
Buick should make a true cocoa interior, same color as the dark brown accents of the light beige. Now that would be something!

TM
I thought the same thing!:

*Enclave* said:
Very cool! Rick, that was my favorite out of the three done for the SEMA show. I do think chocolate leather seats would have looked great, though! ;D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Chocolate or cocoa leather would be great in the Goldmist Enclave with the cocoa brown lower cladding! Great idea for my next one![/color]

·
Registered
758 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Chocolate or cocoa leather would be great in the Goldmist Enclave with the cocoa brown lower cladding! Great idea for my next one![/color]
Yes! This could be Buick's 2009 "model" car, just like Cocoa exterior was/is for 2008.

Nice little doggie.

TM

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Tin Man said:

The SUV we replaced with the Enclave had a very appealing golden tan interior, leather etc. and was always dirty no matter how well we cleaned it. The edges where the carpet would be seen around our all weather black mats always ended up stained and the leather eventually became uncleanable/stained.

The ebony is elegant and cleans up really well, but is somewhat dark and somber. Ours is without a sunroof so consider ordering with a sunroof if you like the black.

TM
I really wanted the cashmere, but as I have said before the SO did not like that the dash color (black) and the trim pieces for the cashmere that darker brown. There was too much going on she thought. So we got the ebony which I was afraid of because it was so dark, however, now I love it especially reading posts about how the lighter leather is staining with jeans and coats etc. (especially the titanium which I thought was really beautiful, but could just tell it would be a nightmare to keep clean). I do have a sunroof and I don't find this dark and somber at all. In fact I would describe the ebony as more of a dark charcoal vs. black. The scuffs from shoes on the doors do show up more readily than they would in the cashmere I think, but overall I really love it. Sometimes, and more often than I will admit, the SO is correct!! ;D Now if only my Enclave had a diesel engine right TM?

·
Registered
758 Posts
bsox said:
I really wanted the cashmere, but as I have said before the SO did not like that the dash color (black) and the trim pieces for the cashmere that darker brown. There was too much going on she thought. So we got the ebony which I was afraid of because it was so dark, however, now I love it especially reading posts about how the lighter leather is staining with jeans and coats etc. (especially the titanium which I thought was really beautiful, but could just tell it would be a nightmare to keep clean). I do have a sunroof and I don't find this dark and somber at all. In fact I would describe the ebony as more of a dark charcoal vs. black. The scuffs from shoes on the doors do show up more readily than they would in the cashmere I think, but overall I really love it. Sometimes, and more often than I will admit, the SO is correct!! ;D Now if only my Enclave had a diesel engine right TM?
Yep, I agree about the Ebony. It is pretty black, though. My Mercedes (sorry to keep bringing this car up, but it is amazing that the Buick is squarely in the same league, don't you think?) is called "charcoal" and it really is lighter than the Buick, making the Ebony look pretty black IMO.

Yeah, a diesel would be sweet, but honestly having the 275 hp DOHC VVT V6 is OK for now. Don't know if I would want to take a big hit in resale value just to get the diesel in 2010. I would also let GM get a year or two under their belt, so maybe a 2011 or 2012 diesel might be the ticket.

Still, the features on the Enclave make me like it a lot.

TM

·
Registered
405 Posts
bsox said:
I really wanted the cashmere, but as I have said before the SO did not like that the dash color (black) and the trim pieces for the cashmere that darker brown. ...
My dash is entirely brown...it's beautiful....is it different for the WDT cashmere interior?

·
Registered
333 Posts
*Enclave* said:
My dash is entirely brown...it's beautiful....is it different for the WDT cashmere interior?
I thought the same thing, there is no black in mine either...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ended up choosing Ebony for this very reason. I had an Audi w/ similar carpet color and it always looked dirty. Even when I had all weather mats in, there were a few places where a scuff just made the carpet look like it had a grey streak. I assume it was oil or something from the pavement. Anyway, shampooing..nothing made it look brand new.

I generally prefer the lighter interiors. I'm an interior designer and the inside is way more important to me that the exterior. I was scared about the black on black, but I think it's very elegant and am thrilled w/ my choice. If you don't want to deal w/ stains, take a look at Ebony interior.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
*Enclave* said:
The WDT we test drove with cashmere interior definitly had multiple dash colors, the main dash was black while the trim pieces like the glove box etc. were the brown. If yours is not this way, then they had to have changed it. This was in June when I first saw it?

·
Registered
758 Posts
bsox said:
The WDT we test drove with cashmere interior definitly had multiple dash colors, the main dash was black while the trim pieces like the glove box etc. were the brown. If yours is not this way, then they had to have changed it. This was in June when I first saw it?
I love both colors, so wouldn't mind a combination either. Someday I will be able to buy a vehicle with the dark brown interior. Someday.

TM

·
Registered
405 Posts
bsox said:
Here is a pic from the gallery. Mine looks like this, cashmere and chocolate brown dash, no black:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=1804

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine too. But the brown looks much richer in person. Comment from my wife, "I really like that they used brown accents instead of just going with black!".

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
*Enclave* said:
Here is a pic from the gallery. Mine looks like this, cashmere and chocolate brown dash, no black:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=1804
Thank you very much for the pic. I was obviously mistaken about the black. It helps me clarify what I was trying to say. The SO did not like all the contrasting colors, what I was calling black was black in my mind, but is just dark brown as compared to the lighter cashmere. For example she did not like how the top of the doors were dark and then the wood and then the cashmere color, then the dark on top of the armrest than cashmere, or the contrast between the lower dash such as the glove box as well as the center armrest etc. She felt this was too busy which is why we went with the ebony where everything is one color for the most part (the leather is a little lighter than the carpet and dash etc. and was a nice contrast to the WDT outside.

NOW don't jump down my throat about the colors, the cashmere is beautiful, it was my first choice, I had to be talked into the ebony by the SO, now I love it and I think she was right. God bless all of you that made the wrong choice with cashmere ;D ;D ;D :thumb: ;) ;) :thumb: :beer: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts