EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much persuasion on my end the insurance co. is still refusing to purchase a new tire. My tire has the Michelin Man rubbed off along with part of the word Michelin. The State Trooper was the one that made a point of having it looked at/replaced. I did have them do a spin balance and an alignment and I am requesting a letter that states a strike to the sidewall will not increase my risk of blow out and will not affect my warranty in any way since they will not replace it. So do you think I have reason to worry or should I just put my mind to ease. I'm concerned of a blow out at 70mph or something else. Hopefully if all goes well I may have my Enclave back next week.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
amazing that they are fighting you over a $125 tire and risk the liability if it is bad......I'd want it replaced

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There's really no way to know whether the tire was damaged internally by looking at the external damage. I'd insist that it was replaced due to the potential issues if it were to blow out. You may have to be an a$$hole (or "squeaky wheel" in politically-correct speak ;D) but it should be replaced. Ask to speak to the adjuster's boss and if that doesn't work, keep going up the ladder.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ask the insurance adjuster for a letter stating that the tire is safe and does not require replacement.
Tell him that you will have your lawyer hold the letter ... just in case! ;D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You're kidding..........Ins law stipulates "like or similar replacement" even in cosmetic issues!! You own a $5,000 vehicle and it's cosmetically damaged. Period. Why do they think we pay for Chrome wheels, etc?? To look sub-par???
Go this route as no argument to "safety" can be debated then. Go for "looks" and you'll win!
Shame you have to push on this basis when safety should be paramount, but hey, play there game. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts