EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new. I have a question. I want to upgrade from the simple factory radio to one that has a display screen and GPS. I do not have the Bose package in my Enclave. I would like the OnStar to be able to download directions to the new radio (like it does to the current one). any suggestions on what I should get?

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
721 Posts
They didn't have Destination Download until the 2012's w/Gen 9 OnStar. You'd have to switch out all the OnStar equipment along with the radio, so it won't be cheap or easy. There are several aftermarket units (search the forum here) that folks have installed, that's probably the least-expensive option.

Good luck!

T.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
rbgordon00 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new. I have a question. I want to upgrade from the simple factory radio to one that has a display screen and GPS. I do not have the Bose package in my Enclave. I would like the OnStar to be able to download directions to the new radio (like it does to the current one). any suggestions on what I should get?

Thanks
Robert
:welcome: to the forum rbgordon00. What year Enclave do you have? If what I think what you are saying is that you have the turn by turn directions from OnStar audibly, but not on a screen, and that is what you are looking for, correct? I am just trying to clarify what others will need to know and then we all can get you some better and correct advise. Looking forward to helping you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I forgot some key facts. I have a 2009 Enclave CXL, it has a standard single CD XM radio . I have OnStar turn by turn, but no screen. We had this vehicle for about three years and wanted to upgrade the radio. but I want to be able to see the directions that are downloaded to the vehicle on the Navigation screen.

I have attached a picture of what my current radio looks like.

Thanks
Robert

Attachments

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
I am not sure if you replaced yours with an OEM radio that has NAV in it, would show the turn by turn route on the NAV map screen. I don't remember if my 08's did or not. The only thing I remember when I had OnStar, that the turn by turn was audible. There might be aftermarket units that work with OnStar and show the route on the screen. Hopefully somebody can chime in on this. For example someone with an Advent OGM-1 head unit, if it shows the OnStar downloaded route on the map. Or a Windows based interface unit. I just don't know for sure. Sorry.

·
Registered
957 Posts
cfedor said:
I am not sure if you replaced yours with an OEM radio that has NAV in it, would show the turn by turn route on the screen. I don't remember if my 08's did or not. The only thing I remember when I had OnStar, that the turn by turn was audible. There might be aftermarket units that work with OnStar and show the route on the screen. Hopefully somebody can chime in on this. For example someone with an Advent OGM-1 head unit, if it shows the OnStar downloaded route on the map. Or a Windows based interface unit. I just don't know for sure. Sorry.
I once tried the turn-by-turn and I believe the instructions from on-star appeared on the DIC and not the nav screen. I have an OEM NAV.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
on the radio shown above,

when Onstar sends turn by turn directions, they will be audible...
and will also show some small info on the radio screen.
For example- some small arrows and the distance to the next maneuver.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
rbarrios said:

This is correct. I had OnStar TBT for a few years with that radio, and that's exactly how it worked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cfedor said:
I am not sure if you replaced yours with an OEM radio that has NAV in it, would show the turn by turn route on the NAV map screen. I don't remember if my 08's did or not. The only thing I remember when I had OnStar, that the turn by turn was audible. There might be aftermarket units that work with OnStar and show the route on the screen. Hopefully somebody can chime in on this. For example someone with an Advent OGM-1 head unit, if it shows the OnStar downloaded route on the map. Or a Windows based interface unit. I just don't know for sure. Sorry.
Thank you for the feed back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rbarrios said:

Yes; that is what it does, I was looking to upgrade to a screen that will show a GPS but, still be compatible with OnStar Turn by Turn.

·
Registered
733 Posts
rbgordon00 said:
Yes; that is what it does, I was looking to upgrade to a screen that will show a GPS but, still be compatible with OnStar Turn by Turn.
I'm thinking you might be out of luck. I looked through Crutchfield and didn't find anything there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts