EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,417 Posts
yes, i have test driven many cars and have taken the children to see how they fit and how accessible all seats were for them. especially since they will be the ones sitting back there and if there is a problem for them getting in and out then i move along and dont look back also because they had that 2nd row bench seat of which i cannot stand. the larger suvs had captains chairs but i didnt like the ride or feel of the larger suvs they feel just like loud giant trucks... then i found the lambda's and i knew i had found what i wanted... the room of an suv w/the ride and feel of a car.... that is what i have been looking for... i can get it w/or without the 2nd row console my son doesnt ever have to sit in that 3rd row at least until he gets tall enough to step in there on his own... in otherwords i can do w/or w/o the 2nd row console. have some shorter younger children try and get in through that smartslide w/o any assistance from you or anyone else and you will see what i am talking about... they will be crawling in and crawling out unless they are not scared to jump out which most kids aren't.

G

·
As yet another engineer, I think I understand the issue here. With the smart slide, you actually have MORE room to enter the 3rd row. However, you're forced to tackle both the step-up AND the ingress at the same time. With the pass-through, even though you have less room, you get to tackle the step-up first, then, once in the vehicle, you can shift, twist and maneuver between the seats more easily. Perhaps for some people, having to do both (stepping up into the high loading floor AND twisting to fit into the 3rd row) at the same time is simply more work. I personally love the smart slide seat and find it very easy to use, but I'm of average height and build. I'm going to miss that feature in the coming weeks when we add the second child seat to the other capts chair =(

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.