EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious to know if you have an estimated build date yet.

many of us have been told 4-6 weeks or 8 weeks....

i ordered april 16th from a dealership in atlanta and still do not have a build date.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You're even worse off than me. I ordered on April 23 and all I have is a preliminary order with a order number assigned to it. My dealer really didn't have a time frame. He hasn't even gotten in his first one yet that he ordered for stock. I think that the 4-6 weeks is on the low end. It looks like 8 + to me. I started off trying to buy a Saturn Outlook in March, dealer had to many added fees for me. Went for an Acadia after that. Didn't want to wait to order one in and spent 2 weeks trying to dealer trade. Nobody would dealer trade with us. That turned out to be a blessing. I think that the Enclave blows both of those away. Strangely, I think that things are gonna work out for the best. I get a 2008 model instead of a 2007 and picked up 1 more year and 14000 miles of warranty, plus a better vehicle overall in design and comfort. We're even gonna put off a summer vacation we take every year over the 4th of July if we have to, and wait for our Enclave. Keep me posted when yours finally gets a build date assigned to it. My dealer said that Tuesday's & Wednesday's are the days when orders get picked and assigned by GM. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered on April 4. I did not have a build date until about a week ago. However, I was told Saturday (5/12) that my vehicle now had a VIN and was in "intermediate shipping".

When I asked what that meant I was told that it was on the way from the plant to the train yard in Chicago. Next, it would come by train to Dixiana, SC and finally delivered by truck to my dealer in the Charlotte NC area. The dealer said that once the vehicle is in intermediate shipping he tells people it will be 10 days to 2 weeks when it arrives.

·
Registered
172 Posts
cyclops said:
I ordered on April 4. I did not have a build date until about a week ago. However, I was told Saturday (5/12) that my vehicle now had a VIN and was in "intermediate shipping".

When I asked what that meant I was told that it was on the way from the plant to the train yard in Chicago. Next, it would come by train to Dixiana, SC and finally delivered by truck to my dealer in the Charlotte NC area. The dealer said that once the vehicle is in intermediate shipping he tells people it will be 10 days to 2 weeks when it arrives.
To bad it takes so long for the shipping. I'm less than 3 hours from Lansing, so shipping should be a lot faster for me. At least I have that going for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine as soon as I could get a dealer to commit on pricing. (End of Feb maybe beginning March). Dealer told me that the car would be made this week! So I am hoping the beginning of June for delivery. Live in Northeastern PA so I as well hope it is a little shorter delivery time. Not sure if the leadtime I was given is because of the rural area I live in, options I wanted or because I had told the dealer, I wanted the Enclave no later than the first week of June. They may have just opted to meet my request. (Though that certainly isn't what I meant!!) Seems like it has been a very long ordeal. Hope it is worth it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer was quite careful not to quote an exact delivery date. I do know that sold orders take production priority over stock orders.

Here is my thinking. We already know that Lansing can produce about 17,500 vehicles per month. This is normally divided between the three Lambda lines. Dealer ordering for the 2007 Acadia and Outlook ended in early April which should end production of these units by mid May. Production of the 2008 Acadia and Outlook doesn't begin until mid June. This allows the plant to produce only Enclaves for almost an entire month. If my logic is correct, the prduction and delivery times on ordered Enclaves should be reasonable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is good to compare notes. we'll keep this discussion going over the next few weeks so everyone can get a "realistic" feel for how long it will take from order to delivery. i will provide updates for my situation over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts