EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some posts where the price seems to change from when you ordered until when you pick up your Enclave. Do I negotiate and agree on a price before I order or does all of that happen after the car comes in? I find it hard to believe that the price negotiation is after the build.

Also, how much of a down payment is required to order?

How do you get the order status, do you have to pester the salesman every week or do they just keep you updated?

·
Registered
758 Posts
We bought ours from perhaps the finest dealer known to mankind. :angel: He came highly recommended from a very critical friend who buys high end cars, and this was a Buick/GMC/Pontiac dealer less than 2 miles from my house! :thumb: (Oh, and caddy corner from my bicycle dealer, so when gas goes to $8/gal, I can bicycle home! ;D)

He stuck with the agreed upon price, took the order without a contract, and even threw in free stuff like invisible theft-proofing etching and an oil change. We got it for $700 above invoice all fees included, got the $500 conquest rebate, and he absorbed the $200 increase in price from GM.

We stopped by on occasion to ask how the order was going, but got a call a week earlier than expected and Emma :binky: was made ready the day of arrival! :blob:

So there are dealers and there are dealers. He will get our business should we look for another GM product.

TM

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Tin Man said:
We bought ours from perhaps the finest dealer known to mankind. :angel: He came highly recommended from a very critical friend who buys high end cars, and this was a Buick/GMC/Pontiac dealer less than 2 miles from my house! :thumb: (Oh, and caddy corner from my bicycle dealer, so when gas goes to $8/gal, I can bicycle home! ;D)

He stuck with the agreed upon price, took the order without a contract, and even threw in free stuff like invisible theft-proofing etching and an oil change. We got it for $700 above invoice all fees included, got the $500 conquest rebate, and he absorbed the $200 increase in price from GM.

We stopped by on occasion to ask how the order was going, but got a call a week earlier than expected and Emma :binky: was made ready the day of arrival! :blob:

So there are dealers and there are dealers. He will get our business should we look for another GM product.

TM
Okay TM, but you have perhaps the second finest dealer known to mankind... ;D ...I have #1. Got about the same treatment you got and I'm a LADY!!! Tee Hee...[/color] :clap2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's like any other car deal you'd make...the car just isn't there, it's on a printout.

Make your best deal, trades, etc., and agree on a price and also be sure of what will happen as far as rebates, price increases, etc. from when you order to when it actually comes in (or at least is invoiced with a vin...which is the earliest they can sell it "on paper" to you).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts