EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What amount or percentage off from MSRP?
Also those who have purchased off the lot how much off from MSRP or did you pay MSRP? I am not eligible for GMS pricing so please leave it out of the discussion.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Here in New York, I have contacted over 8-9 dealers no one is talking under MSRP. Especially if you are picking one off the lot.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
so far, no one has paid msrp. everyone has been paying invoice or below.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I paid $150 over invoice for one off the lot in Minneapolis. I did pay the advertising fees which amounted to roughly 2% of MSRP, which were included in the invoice price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MsS42 said:
so far, no one has paid msrp. everyone has been paying invoice or below.
I contacted the dealer where we did our first and only test drive and he quoted me for a factory order only $460 below MSRP :sosad:
I do not think that is a good price. BTW there is no trade involved in the deal.

He was giving me the spiel about its a "supply and demand issue, people have been paying sticker blah,blah,blah"

I am thinking that 500-800 above invoice would be a fair price. Are you all getting the "take it or leave it attitude" from dealers?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
NOPE, find yourself another dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Find a GM executive, retiree, or Active Employee and have them give you "Supplier Pricing" for Friends certficate. Executive's can give up to 10 a month; employee/retiree can give up to 1 per month. This program is expiring later this year, but its good on the 2008 Enclave (as well as 2007 vehicles) right now. I used to be eligible for GMS/GMO pricing (my eligible family member has since passed), but I got the supplier discount through a friend that was a retiree.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here in Atlanta I could not get any dealer below 1200 over invoice for an order, which if you include advertising fees as non-negotiable is actually about 400 over invoice at the price point I was at...obviously various folks have success or not with the ad fee issue with GM dealers...this is by far the most over invoice I have ever paid for a car but after a couple of weeks of playing the games I just pulled the trigger to go ahead and get the order in...

From what I have heard and read I think folks did better with Acadias than they are doing with Enclaves...I think the high demand/excitement for the Enclave is driving a bit more dealer aggressiveness...including not selling their on-lot vehicles for much under MSRP....as with any car, this will ease once they become more widely available...

Note my price (given that it was an order) did not include conquest or anything else that might apply at time of arrival, purely talking about price without any incentives...

One other thing to note is that my pricing included installation of the running boards and roof cross rails, so that introduced the local dealer labor profit component debate as well so you might do better than I did without that component of the discussion (my comment about being 1200 over invoice incorporates that info for invoice cost of the parts but excludes the labor debate where I got them down but there is no "invoice" std)

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you are a couple hundred miles within Detroit, then buy one there. Do all your contacting via email. Make them fax you the offer in writing, then make the trip. They are selling them for $4k off MSRP (and that's with no haggling).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
monstersinc1 said:
Find a GM executive, retiree, or Active Employee and have them give you "Supplier Pricing" for Friends certficate. Executive's can give up to 10 a month; employee/retiree can give up to 1 per month. This program is expiring later this year, but its good on the 2008 Enclave (as well as 2007 vehicles) right now. I used to be eligible for GMS/GMO pricing (my eligible family member has since passed), but I got the supplier discount through a friend that was a retiree.
The one dealer I spoke with said that they would not honor supplier pricing on a vehicle on the lot, only for custom orders. After first posting I have contacted another dealer and have gotten a much better price. :) Now I just need to convince the wife to get the goodies and myself.
I do not want DVD or Navigation (I have a portable unit). I'm looking to get a CXL w/Luxury,driver confidence,trailering,entertainment #1,cargo shade and net in Platinum metallic with ebony. I'd like to get the sunroof but my wife is not that interested. She rarely uses it. So to spend $1300 MSRP on something that gets little use seems like a waste. The reason why I am getting the luxury package is for the 110 volt inverter to power a portable DVD player/laptop.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
portable dvd's come w/car chargers and if you dont get nav you dont get back up camera. most of the items you are not getting will help your resale value later but then thats all up too you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't worry about resale value. I typically drive cars till there is no substantial resale value.
I can always decide later to put in a sunroof. If I could get factory leather in the CX trim level. I would get that w/driver confidence package,tow,and the 6-disc CD radio and be very happy. GM and the other manufactures are very clever in their option handcuffs.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
yes, thats true... they stick one option here and another one there so you will have to be all to get the 1 or 2 options you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Visited a dealer in Chicago area today. They had 2 Enclaves on lot. One has been there for a couple of weeks. I can only assume that they are asking MSRP +. When I inquired about ordering they said they only had 1 "ordering slot" available and I had better grab it. From what other purchasers are writing, they are getting discounts from MSRP. That is not the feeling I am getting from Chicago area dealers. Anybody else having similar experience recently?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to get a fair price on my factory order. But the salesperson was a jack$$$. He was like I am doing you a favor ordering and selling below MSRP. I originally wanted to order from a dealer 20 miles away from my house where we test drove the car. But they only wanted to take $400 off MSRP. Contrary to what the dealers are saying the Enclaves are not selling right as they get off the motor carrier, unless they are not updating their online inventory regularly. What I want to know is what is the current official waiting time for vehicles? I also read on here that there might be a restriction on the Luxury package. Can somebody confirm this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts