EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I give up. I think I have gone through the various manuals and have not found an answer. Is it possible to have the Navigation ON and the radio OFF (not just volume turned all the way down)? Thanks ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
I can't do it either. I just turn the radio "down" as well, and just display the Nav screen. I think it's so the "lady" can talk to you if you seek directions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you are probably right, but if you have to turn down the volume to not hear the radio, will the other audio for OnStar and the Nav system still be audible?? Haven't tried that yet. ???
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
xrayman said:
I guess you are probably right, but if you have to turn down the volume to not hear the radio, will the other audio for OnStar and the Nav system still be audible?? Haven't tried that yet. ???
yes the chimes and all still work, even the lady can be heard, she has a seperate control, onstar is set to a defalt level, and you can turn up and down the volume with the knob.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
I was about to post this question as well. So what is the answer? Can this be done, i.e, Audio POWERED Off (not volume down) and NAV ON?
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
coop said:
I was about to post this question as well. So what is the answer? Can this be done, i.e, Audio POWERED Off (not volume down) and NAV ON?
NOPE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
But I thought you just want to make sure that the volume is not off and can still be adjusted. Being in Aux will allow you to do that for what effect on Nav, I don't know. But if you just want the radio system off, well, I dunno. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
wow! this has crossed my mind also.
you should be able to do this some how
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
sure cut your speaker wires. i dont see why it is such a big deal to just turn a nob, is that how lazy america has gotten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well so far no "credible" answers ;) If you turn down the volume, as noted previously, the nav directions will still be audible. I confirmed that. Can you select AUX if there is nothing plugged in? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fllava,tried it and it didn't work. I have Nav but not the DVD, is that the difference? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
i dont see why it is such a big deal to just turn a nob, is that how lazy america has gotten
This answer could apply to a ton of posts I've seen on this forum! Ha! Example: Rain sensing wipers? Turn the knob!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top