EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me its not just my Clave. Today as we (my wife and I) where driving home and I had the moon roof opened all the way back, I decided to role down both back window cause it was warm. "WHAT A SHOCK" :confused: , the moon roof and the whole top of the Clave started to vibrate like mad, I mean madly plus the wind made a pounding noise that was extremely unbearable. Raising the back windows half way up or closing the roof corrected the problem. Has any one else tried this and had the same effect or has anyone also ran into the issue????

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Not unusual. I had the same problem on my '00 Outback, '02 Rendexvoux, '04 MDX, and my new 'Clave.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Its called wind buffeting and has been discussed several times mostly by people new to the Enclave. It really is just the wind and the pressure changes within the cabin. It seems particularly prominent in the Enclave either due to its internal shape or size as well as how tight the cabin is. Generally cracking the other windows to equalize things is all that is needed. It really is normal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[/color][ I've heard this problem is remedied by side window buffers that can be fitted after - but I think they look funky

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same thing happens in my sedan if I have the moonroof open and only one rear window open. I never realized this until recently since my daughter in the child seat in back wanted her window down but the pulsing from the wind started making me nautious. You can usually correct by cracking other windows open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts