EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. Is the paint for the 2008 rear bumper a textured paint? Had the hitch cover replaced due to an accidnt and it came back painted smooth with a shine. Repair shop stated that it is the correct color but I beleive they did not use the right paint. Any help would be appreciiated.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Yes it should be the same color. Granted I don't have a hitch yet the section one would remove to add the hitch and then install the hitch cover is the same. Satin Nickel on mine. It should match the cladding. Did the dealer do the repair work? If not then stop by a dealership just to make sure and then take the information back to the repair shop. They should repair the vehicle back to how it was originally, or we all hope repair shops will.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would have to think the bumper/cladding is a base coat without a clear. Sounds to me like they put clear over top the cover on yours.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Grimm said:
I would have to think the bumper/cladding is a base coat without a clear. Sounds to me like they put clear over top the cover on yours.
Yeah, I agree. how is it possible that a body shop wouldn't know this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
kidsenclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing