EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently purchased a 2010 Enclave CXL. While the car is in excellent condition, the overheating of the 3 rear climate control knobs is an area of concern as I have 3 small grandchildren. I have had foreign and American vehicles with rear climate controls and this is the very first time I have encountered this issue. Buick is a great brand and I love the car, this problem has me in a state of confusion and concern. Has anyone found and fixes? ??? ???

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
theyve been like this for a while.

many find that they are quite warm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know this doesn't help your issue but I have a 2014 that does the same thing. The knobs on the rear of the console get very hot to the touch especially if the rear heat is on. I don't think they get hot enough to injure anyone but still... I brush up against the knobs some time and have to remind myself to check them or I will find warm air coming from the rear vents. I will have to make a point to check but I think maybe the knobs only get hot or more hot than normal when the heat is turned up....don't know why I haven't checked this before. Hope you get yours fixed to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It bothers me when I see GM do stuff like this. It's attention to detail, or lack there of, that keeps GM's rep down compared to the likes of Honda and Toyota. It should never be considered acceptable for a control knob to get hot to the touch simply because they were too lazy to design a little plastic light channel that would keep the warm bulb away from the control.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
mine isnt HOT to the touch-
its warm-- but not---an ouch--- I cant touch it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts