EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of the rear doors are not flush to the body. The rearward edge is out about the thickness of a nickel on both sides. I may be a little picky due to being an OEM parts supplier for the past 25 yrs, mostly in quality, but the rest of the body panels have a nice fit. I mentioned to my dealer that the rear doors do not fit flush and he stated that the striker plates were adjusted as far in as they could. My next move is to try to get a hold of one of my former GM associates in Lansing and see what they recommend. Has anyone else ran up against this issue? :help:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Our drivers side rear door is flush while the passenger side rear door is out at the top ever so slightly. I would say that it is not much more than a dime thickness or so. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Both rear out slightly, no doubt a "feature", not a "bug". Seems to me to be caused by the thick rubber gasket on the doorjamb.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ryck said:
Both rear out slightly, no doubt a "feature", not a "bug". Seems to me to be caused by the thick rubber gasket on the doorjamb.
Sorry guys, but both mine are perfect and yours should be too! Built on same line! Take it to a body shop and get those latches adjusted! Bet the dealer just "eyeballed it" and said they were fully adjusted. I hate dealers like this :angryfire:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts