EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2015 enclave all wheel drive, and it has a popping and clicking noise in the rear end. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side rear, which initially lead me to suspect the half shaft/cv axle. It's more prevalent when turning under power and starting, it's not a consistent sound, just random pops and clicks and occasionally when just accelerating but not as loud and noticeable, and of course there's a little jerkiness while it is clicking and popping. I understand a lot of people have had issues with the rear differential/transfer case unit in these systems. I haven't had time to do much with it. I had about thirty minutes tonight and jacked the right rear tire off the ground. Spinning that tire by hand also would spin the driveshaft. It seemed there was a lot of slack from the yoke(splines) at the carrier bearing. The bearing looked great, so I doubt it's the issue, but perhaps the rear driveshaft itself. I plan to drain and check the differential for metal and the oil level in the so called transfer case as well, I'm going to put the entire car up on stands and see if I can replicate the sound with the tires off the ground. I get an intermittent check engine light, but have never caught it when I could scan it, I suspect it could be a fault code for the traction control system though. My only other suspect would be that it's the hub at the right rear tire slipping on the splines from the CV axle, but there was no play in the bearing and I understand that would likely cause an abs light to come on because a difference in the wheel speed sensors.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts