EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 rear object detection sensors that need to be replaced. I was told that that corrosion on those wires will eventually lead to larger problems, like the car not starting. Do these detection systems really have that large of a future impact? Seems a bit wild, considering their purpose. I want to get them fixed but at the cost of $1250 (including harness). I want to know I’m protecting against something larger than not being able to see a trash can in the driveway.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
847 Posts
I assume that the source of this information may have been referring to the module which controls the detection system. If a module gets water or corrosion inside or on a connector, it MAY cause the module to not go to sleep. Modules not going to sleep is the cause of most Parasitic Draws and dead batteries. Another cause of draws is aftermarket accessories, such as LED lamps. If the module doesn't see detect the correct current draw, even less than designed for, it may not go to sleep.

And last but not least. Electrical Issues Due to Backup Lamps – TechLink

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
847 Posts
So exactly what is bad, just a couple of sensors? How did they go bad, just some water?

I believe that you can have some of the components replaced at much lower cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts