EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear passenger is not flush like all the others. It does not get as much use as the other doors, but did get used this weekend. Three times the door had to be reopened and slammed close because it did not close all the way. Is this an easy fix? When this happened in my minivan, the dealer removed the door and rehung it. It made it worse and it never worked right post fix and multiple tries by multiple dealerships (although it was an automatic slider). I ended up getting a reimbursement under the lemon law. So I am very nervous about having anyone touch the door. Any thoughts or recommendations?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just have the dealer check the striker plate, it might be out of line, the door its self can be adjusted without much trouble. Check to see if it is out of line - sticking out in relation to the adjacent panels, the molding line is lined up - that will help you establish what is causing this slight annoyance.
Don't leave it - get it sorted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My door is properly aligned yet takes a good push to get shut or else it doesnt' shut all the way. I figured it was just due to the thick sound dampening materials used in the doors. However, if yours is not aligned correctly that may be an entirely different issue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Our rear passenger door is more difficult to shut than all of the others as well. If the windows are opened (or another door), it closes easily so I guess the lack of pressure in the cabin makes it shut more easily. If all of the other windows and doors are shut, it takes a good "slam" to get it to shut. My 6-year-old daughter has trouble getting it to latch.

I don't see any way to adjust the door stop/latch. It seems to be in a fixed position.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Our rear passenger door did this the first 1500 miles and now no longer does. Maybe it won't come back and just needed to be seated a bit better with the triple seal on it.

TM

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have the same problem with my rear right passenger door. It takes a good slam to close. All the other doors close easily. I will have the dealer inspect it. But I am afraid they may make it worse.

·
Registered
758 Posts
BUICKNEWBIE said:
i have the same problem with my rear right passenger door. It takes a good slam to close. All the other doors close easily. I will have the dealer inspect it. But I am afraid they may make it worse.
I wouldn't have the dealer touch it unless there is a definite misalignment. Ours got better and doesn't do it any more. The doors are triple sealed so they don't close easily.

TM

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
*Enclave* said:
My rear passenger is not flush like all the others. It does not get as much use as the other doors, but did get used this weekend. Three times the door had to be reopened and slammed close because it did not close all the way. Is this an easy fix? When this happened in my minivan, the dealer removed the door and rehung it. It made it worse and it never worked right post fix and multiple tries by multiple dealerships (although it was an automatic slider). I ended up getting a reimbursement under the lemon law. So I am very nervous about having anyone touch the door. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Don't "live" with it. Some good ideas offered here. One poster recently had to have his door "bent" at the dealer or body shop (just a minuscule amount!) and it cured his problem. Let the dealer look at it!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Years back, at any rate, when GM and other Detroit manufacturers gave tours to the public, they carefully avoided showing off one room. There, large muscular guys with big mallets and crowbars would slam, bang and twist doors, trunks and other panels so they fit properly on just-assembled automobiles. It was not a pretty sight, but out of sight, out of mind and it did the trick before the term "fit and finish" came into use.

·
Registered
758 Posts
lingohocken said:
Years back, at any rate, when GM and other Detroit manufacturers gave tours to the public, they carefully avoided showing off one room. There, large muscular guys with big mallets and crowbars would slam, bang and twist doors, trunks and other panels so they fit properly on just-assembled automobiles. It was not a pretty sight, but out of sight, out of mind and it did the trick before the term "fit and finish" came into use.
I wouldn't put it beyond them now.

Note the lines of the door next to the roof on your Enclave. Not exactly straight or even.

TM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts