EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D Well, thanks to some help from a prior post and some responses I received to a post, I have successfully changed out my rear turn signal lamp. Part # was listed correctly in my manual, I have a 2011 CXL, as 7443. Attached are photos to help anyone else in the process. Took 10 minutes all said and done including taking the photos. What you need: new lamps, small flathead screwdriver, and a 7mm, 6pt or 12pt, socket and wrench.
I have the pictures on two separate posts since the maximum allowed is 4. Here are the procedure I did according to the instructions I found on another post. (Sorry, I was not allowed to post a link here so you will have to search for it) I tried to give credit!

Find the two plastic tabs as shown in photo #1, and insert the tip of the small flathead screwdriver and pry open carefully.
Once open use the 7mm socket and wrench to loosen the screws and remove.
After screws have been removed, you can now remove the tail light assembly from its mounting location on the body.
Once you have the tail light removed, separate the power supply wiring harness so that the tail light assembly is no longer attached. The power supply assembly is shown on photo #3 and has the green tape wrapped around it. Press on the tab and pull.
Now you can begin to remove the bulb assembly from the tail light housing. As shown in photos #4, and #5 (next post) turn the assembly counterclockwise 1/4 turn and simply pull from the tail light housing.
Remove old bulb by pulling the bulb from its socket and replace with the new bulb. Best to use tissue paper or a papertowel to avoid getting any grease on the lamp. Any grease on the lamp will cause it to fail prematurely. Refer to photo #6
Reassemble the bulb assembly by placing it back in the tail light housing and turn clockwise until snug.
Connect the power wiring harness assembly.
Reconnect the tail light housing to its mounting location on the body and insert screws, tighten, place the plastic tabs back to their original location, and viola! You are finished! Photo #7

Photos
#1 - Location of the plastic tabs where the mounting screws are located
#2 - picture of the screw
#3 - location of the power supply wiring harness
#4 - Picture of the bulb location

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post #2 saved for pics. If I can figure out how to load em.....first set didn't take.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
rillo71 said:
Post #2 saved for pics. If I can figure out how to load em.....first set didn't take.
When you reply or quote in a thread, down to the left of this text box you type in, is "Additional Options". Click that. Then below that will pop up the "Attach"/Choose File".
Here is the link to the thread on that topic:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=29026.0;all

But this option is not working currently on the forum. Glad that you had luck figuring out the 7mm bolt/screw covers for the rear lens removal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cfedor,
I tried that option already and yeah, it says something about upload folder being full. Not sure what the moderators of this forum are up to.....

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
rillo71 said:
cfedor,
I tried that option already and yeah, it says something about upload folder being full. Not sure what the moderators of this forum are up to.....
Me neither. :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing