EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to chevrolet.com, the Chevy Traverse will offer a rearview camera inside the rearview mirror when the vehicle does not have a navigation system. Should I assume that this feature will find its way into the 2009 Enclave?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That would be logical, although it will reduce GM's profit. I really did not want to pay for the Nav system, but with three small children, the camera just seemed like a must-have safety feature. I am not sure how people back up without it, as the rear visibility is very poor. I just wonder how easy it would be to see things in the mirror versus the large nav screen.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I had an '04 Rendezvous before I got the Enclave. The rear visiblity with the Rendezvous not the best, so I find the Enclave to be much better. I wanted the backup camera due to the increased length of the vehicle, but didn't want to pay for navigation system. It was sort of difficult at first, but I'm getting used to the larger size of the car and think I'll do okay with just the back up sensor, which I've enjoyed on my last three vehicles. Just have to be extra cautious when it comes to kiddies and puppers.[/color]

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Is this site crashing or is it me?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?[/color]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Uh...no...

But as for the mirror, yes, that should definitely spread Lambda-wide for 2009, like many of the other new details of the Traverse. And none too soon, as this in particular is a great feature--especially now without also having to get the Nav for it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Uh...no...

But as for the mirror, yes, that should definitely spread Lambda-wide for 2009, like many of the other new details of the Traverse. And none too soon, as this in particular is a great feature--especially now without also having to get the Nav for it.
Oops sorry...I was getting error messages all over the place and couldn't post. Things seem normal now.

Caddycruiser, do you mean the Traverse will have the backup camera screen in the rearview mirror? Do you think that will be up to the quality of the one in the nav. system. I did think about adding one after I got my Enclave but wasn't sure if it would help and just decided to learn to drive the old fashioned was we did in the 60's and 70's. :happy: The Chevy Traverse is a sharp looking automobile! Go GM! :thumb:
[/color]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts