EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a separate tank for rear windshield washer fluid?

When I try to spray it nothing comes out. Meanwhile the fronts are working fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know but it took a loo-o-o-ong time for my rear one to spray - I thought it wasn't working. Eventually it did and since then no problems. Hope yours is the same :)

R

·
0 Posts
a little off topic but, if they are on the same tank then if you heat them does the rear get heated too or just the front. ???

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that make sense, if it was never used before, it would take some time to get the fluid there, I gotta try that, i Have only tried it 2 or 3 times, let it run for 2 to 3 seconds at most.

RT, the tank is not heated its the nozzel that shoots water so IMO only the front nozzels are heated not the rear. Can anyone with more knowledge chime in please?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
coop said:
Now that make sense, if it was never used before, it would take some time to get the fluid there, I gotta try that, i Have only tried it 2 or 3 times, let it run for 2 to 3 seconds at most.

RT, the tank is not heated its the nozzel that shoots water so IMO only the front nozzels are heated not the rear. Can anyone with more knowledge chime in please?

Both correct! front nozzle is heated, so no dice, on the rear. however the electric rear defroster is a good one!!

PS...the heated fronts (seperate switch on lower left) takes a bit of time to heat up! Then hot fluid comes out automatically! A few times! Cool? ::)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the front nozzels have two switches actually, the one you mentioned is when you need the fluid to be heated which takes 20-40 seconds. The other switch (actually button) is built on the tip of the lever. Pressing it shoots the fluid immidiately.

·
Registered
103 Posts
coop said:
Is there a separate tank for rear windshield washer fluid?

When I try to spray it nothing comes out. Meanwhile the fronts are working fine.
Coop, how much fluid do you have in the tank? When the washer level gets low, the rear washer gets
cut off so that there is fluid left for the front washer. And yes, both washers draw from the same tank.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know, i never filled it, and got the vehicle a month ago, i have hardly sparyed it 3/4 times, so if they filled it up at factory it should be there.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You were right butterscotch, it took a while and it finally sprayed, after the first time, there is no delay and fluid shoots out right away. I guess they didnt test it at the factory otherwise it should have fluid at that end :angryfire:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is there a recommendation in the owners manual or a warning of using certain types with the heated hot shot? I typically put the more expensive stuff in the winter time and put the cheaper stuff in the spring/summer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts