EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Ask the GM accountants, Kids. ;)
Would be glad to, but no one will give me their phone number... :banghead:

Seriously, I'm probably beating this to death, but I think customer service is lacking.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
kidsenclave said:
Would be glad to, but no one will give me their phone number... :banghead:

Seriously, I'm probably beating this to death, but I think customer service is lacking.
:deadhorse:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Dear smankins,

I apologize that I was unable to reply to your situation sooner than now. I have read further down the thread and read that you part had indeed come in. Were you able to get an appointment to have it put in this week?

I eagerly await an update about your situation.

Michelle P., Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Buick Customer Service said:
Dear smankins,

I apologize that I was unable to reply to your situation sooner than now. I have read further down the thread and read that you part had indeed come in. Were you able to get an appointment to have it put in this week?

I eagerly await an update about your situation.

Michelle P., Buick Customer Service
What about answering me, Michelle? My seatbelt casement for the passenger side is still not in, today makes 6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
While I appreciate that Michelle from "Buick Customer Service" is here on the forum, I don't see a lot of real answers.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just Maybe......

One thing I try to do when talking to Customer Service persons is that they have a job, and they have a boss. I do try not to get too imperious when
dealing with them. If not getting the information I think I deserve, I ask to be transferred up the line until I get to a point where I may get a bit
more insistent. On a very few occasions I have gotten rather LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS in response to a very obvious run-around.

I have not had any back an forth with Michelle, but to just a bystander it appears to me that she is trying. I doubt that she is allowed to run unfettered
through this medium, and must depend on information (hopefully) passed to here in a correct and timely manner.

Some contact is almost always better than no contact. We just have to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

JMO.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
MRBUICK said:
While I appreciate that Michelle from "Buick Customer Service" is here on the forum, I don't see a lot of real answers.
I dealt with Michelle last year with the engine issues although most of our conversations were within emails and not PM's here on the board.

I found her knowledge able as well as really working on getting the issues resolved.

I think with so many of us on here having problems there is only so much time during the day she can address all of the issues presented on the board, besides those I am sure she is receiving in PM's.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Yes I DO appreciate that she is here, but she may be limited by her superiors what information she may divulge.

Michelle, you may PM me if you wish and I will keep any information confidential.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Agreed Pa Pa, but she had to of read the whole thread to respond to smankins....so I'm just saying, I would have thought she would have chimed in about my questions regarding how long it takes to get parts, in general....and my specific case. My main point here is, no one wants to, or rather is empowered to be able to answer real questions, most of the time. It's just a way for contact with the customer, but still doesn't resolve anything. (I have NO problem with Michelle, or others in her position, it's not their fault, it's the fault of the whole process of customer service) I had spoken twice to someone at Buick concerning my parts, and am still waiting for a resolution, or at least a reason given why the parts are backordered. I understand the word backordered, I just want more than that answer. Also, my dealer has been fine with getting my work done, but to keep saying "go to your dealer", or "have you spoken to your dealer" is only partially the issue, because the reason we want answers from Buick or GM customer service is because the dealer only knows so much. No one is empowered to give answers, and if they DO know the answer, it's always they are told "don't tell too much, etc." I hate to keep calling my dealer, because I'm sure they will call when they come in, and they don't know anything else to tell me. Again, I apologize for this ranting I've been doing, but I'm venting because I know many of you have been thru this before, and most likely it's a lot more serious of an issue than seatbelt casements. (Plus maybe someone will read it who knows the answers)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
PaPas Truck said:
Just Maybe......

One thing I try to do when talking to Customer Service persons is that they have a job, and they have a boss. I do try not to get too imperious when
dealing with them. If not getting the information I think I deserve, I ask to be transferred up the line until I get to a point where I may get a bit
more insistent. On a very few occasions I have gotten rather LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS in response to a very obvious run-around.

I have not had any back an forth with Michelle, but to just a bystander it appears to me that she is trying. I doubt that she is allowed to run unfettered
through this medium, and must depend on information (hopefully) passed to here in a correct and timely manner.

Some contact is almost always better than no contact. We just have to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

JMO.
I agree. At least we have some degree of attentive assistance now that Michelle is a regular on the forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have owned other GM vehicles and have had some genuine concern when I call Buick Customer assistance, I had a steering issue that took 3 visits but the dealer was more resistant and bothering to me, and I understand if they don't get approval they can't get money for the repair. During my steering repair they did one thing at a time to repair and I had to take it back, I think this method of repair only breeds customer dissatifaction with the product and Buick should focus on first time fixes. They could of replaced all the necessary pieces first time and I woudln't have had to take time off and drive to my dealer several times and argue with my dealer and I'm sure the dealer would of liked to fix it the first time instead of following some of these techinical documents that say, replace one bolt send customer on there way... if they return replace the nut, if they return then replace the whole piece and it should be resolved.. I've seen these documents and they anger me they waste my time and they don't care about the inconvience there long drawn out repair causes me. Anyway I'm off the subject but we were talking about customer care, if you call them directly and discuss your issue I have found they can help, where as talking with the service manager at a dealer was getting me no where and they weren't getting the authorizations and looking at me like they were the experts. I think many of us on this forumn are well informed consumers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Final update on this problem (I hope). I went to the dealer yesterday (2/25) and they installed a new rear wiper module/motor. The logic controller is on the motor so I guess the entire motor has to be replaced - probably simpler to do that anyway. I will let everyone know if this fixed the problem. Of course, it worked fine for three months before the problem showed up previously so I will withhold judgement for a while. Like I said before, at least they tried something instead of just saying "It's working now" when I brought it in.

I did get a loaner while they did this, a 2010 Chevy Impala. I noticed that the DIC on that vehicle has the instantaneous MPG available - why is this not on our "luxury" vehicles? The Impala probably had a glove box light and a hood light, too but I did not check. Puzzles, puzzles. ???

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
smankins said:
Final update on this problem (I hope). I went to the dealer yesterday (2/25) and they installed a new rear wiper module/motor. The logic controller is on the motor so I guess the entire motor has to be replaced - probably simpler to do that anyway. I will let everyone know if this fixed the problem. Of course, it worked fine for three months before the problem showed up previously so I will withhold judgement for a while. Like I said before, at least they tried something instead of just saying "It's working now" when I brought it in.

I did get a loaner while they did this, a 2010 Chevy Impala. I noticed that the DIC on that vehicle has the instantaneous MPG available - why is this not on our "luxury" vehicles? The Impala probably had a glove box light and a hood light, too but I did not check. Puzzles, puzzles. ???
About the Impala, I know this too because of my parent's Impala, I was looking at theirs when they first bought it. I'm thinking that the Impala is so cheap to produce, they can put a few "goodies" in it to sweeten it, but I agree...wish we had the instantaneous MPG as well.

Glad your wiper motor got replaced...hope it's all set now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Really, really, late update:
I haven't been on the forum for a while and I noticed I had promised an update to this issue so here it is (only five years later). No more problems with my rear wiper not turning off. Please don't shoot me for the late response and reviving an old thread (I was the original post).

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
smankins said:
I haven't been on the forum for a while and I noticed I had promised an update to this issue so here it is (only five years later). No more problems with my rear wiper not turning off. Please don't shoot me for the late response and reviving an old thread (I was the original post).
No worries. Thanks for the update. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
smankins said:
THANKS!!!! I have been waiting for 5 years now to see if that would fix my problem also! I guess I can finally get mine taken care of!

Just joking, thanks for remembering this site and your follow up. Better late than never.

Been through Longview, Tx many times driving over to Shreveport for weekend "relaxation" on the riverboats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for this post. I have a 2011 Traverse and I am having the same issue. I have pulled the switch and cleaned it meticulously and even went as far as putting new solder on all the points on the board. I did not know there was a logic controller on the motor so I was at a total loss for what was going on. Thanks again.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
About this Discussion
57 Replies
19 Participants
Moodje
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing