EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else received the letter about 'an intermittent high resistance in the driver and passenger seat airbag or pretension wire harness connectors' causing an 'SERVICE AIR BAG' in the DIC?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
there is recall 14030...

says......

Corrosion and/or loose crimps in the driver and passenger seat
mounted side impact airbag (SIAB) wiring harness connectors can
cause an increase in resistance that may disable the SIAB, front
center airbag, if equipped, and seat belt pretensioners. In the
event
of a crash, the SIAB, front center airbag, if equipped, and/or seat
belt pretensioners may not deploy increasing the risk of injury to the
driver or front passenger.

what they will do
Your GM dealer will remove the driver and passenger SIAB wiring
harness connectors and splice and solder the wires together
. This service will be performed for you at no charge
.Because of service scheduling requirements
, it is likely that your dealer will need your
vehicle longer than the actual service
correction time of approximately 1hour and 50 minutes.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RB, I don' think it's an actual recall. The letter said NOT to take it in unless you believe you have the condition. What they are doing if it happens within 6 years or 72,000 miles they will repair at no charge.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Yikes!! Glad you are okay!!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
I just totaled my wife's Enclave in a frontal collision. I was not injured but the air bags DID NOT deploy. I'm glad that vehicle is gone.
Oh bummer! :hilarious2: Sorry to hear this jerseydevil. Glad it didn't take much to do that and that no one was hurt. Keep us posted as to your search for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
cfedor said:
Oh bummer! :hilarious2: Sorry to hear this jerseydevil. Glad it didn't take much to do that and that no one was hurt. Keep us posted as to your search for a replacement.
\

I was looking for another Enclave (pre-owned) but my dealer had a year-end special on a new 2015 Cadillac SRX that I couldn't pass up. Wife loves it. I am still hanging around this board, though. :blob:

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
\

I was looking for another Enclave (pre-owned) but my dealer had a year-end special on a new 2015 Cadillac SRX that I couldn't pass up. Wife loves it. I am still hanging around this board, though. :blob:
It's an addiction or like a blackhole. Once you get sucked in, you can't get out... Nice score on the SRX! I think I remember you saying something about it somewhere else, either that or someone else did too.... I must be loosing my memory. :tearhair:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
I just totaled my wife's Enclave in a frontal collision. I was not injured but the air bags DID NOT deploy. I'm glad that vehicle is gone.
:jaw: I hope that you're okay. Sometimes, the aches and pains associated with an automobile collision show up days later. If you notice anything, don't hesitate to see your doctor.

On a better note, I wish you lots of luck and enjoyment from your new Caddy. Let us know more about it after you've gotten more time behind the wheel.

On an even better note, I'm glad that you're planning to remain an active forum member. :thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
SCBEARS FAN said:
Has anyone else received the letter about 'an intermittent high resistance in the driver and passenger seat airbag or pretension wire harness connectors' causing an 'SERVICE AIR BAG' in the DIC?
I received the same thing a few days ago. Since I have never experienced any problems I just filed the letter away with my other Buick stuff in case I ever do.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
:jaw: I hope that you're okay. Sometimes, the aches and pains associated with an automobile collision show up days later. If you notice anything, don't hesitate to see your doctor.

On a better note, I wish you lots of luck and enjoyment from your new Caddy. Let us know more about it after you've gotten more time behind the wheel.

On an even better note, I'm glad that you're planning to remain an active forum member. :thumb:
I'm fine. It happen over two moths ago. Thanks for your concern and best wishes :sunny:

·
Registered
188 Posts
25MPH = 40KM/H

Why would the airbags NOT deploy at these speeds? I think I recalled seeing somewhere a LONG time ago that air bags were meant to go off at anything over 8mph, but that was likely before 2nd generation air bags era.

Also, I know it doesn't take much to "write off" a newer vehicle, but I wouldn't think that this speed would cause the vehicle to be totaled..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Uncle Buick said:
25MPH = 40KM/H

Why would the airbags NOT deploy at these speeds? I think I recalled seeing somewhere a LONG time ago that air bags were meant to go off at anything over 8mph, but that was likely before 2nd generation air bags era.

Also, I know it doesn't take much to "write off" a newer vehicle, but I wouldn't think that this speed would cause the vehicle to be totaled..
I was told my insurance co. totaled it because both frame rails needed to be replaced. The repair estimate was over $12K and the settlement was over $19K - much more than I expected for a six year old Enclave with 84000 miles :happy:.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
I was told my insurance co. totaled it because both frame rails needed to be replaced. The repair estimate was over $12K and the settlement was over $19K - much more than I expected for a six year old Enclave with 84000 miles :happy:.
You got a decent amount of money for it. Remember, insurance pays out retail+tax value of the totaled vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts