EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
GM advocate,

I am having issues with the Service Air Bag light coming on. It relates to the technical Bulletin: AIR BAGS-
Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave
SB-08-09-41-
Bulletin Date:
Feb 2009

If I take this vehicle in will they correct it free or am I out of pocket for something that shouldn't have went wrong to start with. I have had too many issues with this vehicle already and I have only owned it a little over a year. Not a happy GM customer right now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
amyray said:
GM advocate,

I am having issues with the Service Air Bag light coming on. It relates to the technical Bulletin: AIR BAGS-
SB-08-09-41-
Bulletin Date:
Feb 2009

If I take this vehicle in will they correct it free or am I out of pocket for something that shouldn't have went wrong to start with. I have had too many issues with this vehicle already and I have only owned it a little over a year. Not a happy GM customer right now.

My 2009 does that with the passenger front airbag. The wire at base of seat track, left front if you are sitting on it gets pulled tight sometimes. Try to gently tug it a bit and get a bit of slack in it and see if it solves your issue. If you do a search on forum you will find the thread.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hello amyray,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern! If you could provide your VIN through a private message, I would be happy to look at your vehicle specifics. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

amyray said:
GM advocate,

SB-08-09-41-
Bulletin Date:
Feb 2009

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got my 09 Enclave back from the shop where they had to do the mandatory ( by german law) technical inspection that we have to do every 2 years. I had checked with my VIN number whether any recalls would apply to my car but it says no recalls for this VIN. I suppose they dont have my car listed anymore as I drive it in Germany now. Going thorugh the recalls of the previous years and now I discovered several things that would apply to my car like problems with liftgate switch, seat wiring and now the most important - the steering problems. The mechanic told me that oil is leaking and the power steering could fail during driving. They start to check whether they can get the parts in Europe and if not I have to order from the US myself. Before I switched to GM in 2009 I had a Plymouth for long time and even though the car was exported from the US to Germany Chrysler fixed all recalls completely for free in Germany. Pitty that GM has the opinion that once the car leaves the US they dont have to care anymore. It would be easy enough to aks a Chevrolet Dealer to take care of the recalls as Chevrolet is officially sold in Germany. Even though I really enjoy driving the Enclave I start thinking about letting it go. On top of that the hood starts getting "bubbles" like described in other topics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
12-03-08-001
#12-03-08-001: Clunk or Thump Type Noise from Front Suspension - (Aug 6, 2012)
Subject: Clunk or Thump Type Noise from Front Suspension

Models: 2008-2009 Buick Allure (Canada)

2008-2011 Buick Enclave, LaCrosse, Lucerne

2011-2012 Buick Regal
2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt (Including SS)
2006-2011 Chevrolet HHR (Including SS)
2008-2009 Chevrolet Uplander
2008-2011 Chevrolet Aveo
2008-2012 Chevrolet Equinox, Impala, Malibu
2009-2012 Chevrolet Traverse
2010-2012 Chevrolet Camaro
2011-2012 Chevrolet Cruze, Volt
2008-2012 GMC Acadia
2010-2012 GMC Terrain
2005-2006 Pontiac Pursuit (Canada)
2007-2010 Pontiac G5
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix
2008-2009 Pontiac Montana SV6, Torrent
2008-2010 Pontiac G3, G6, Vibe, Wave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition

Some customers may comment on a clunk or thump noise coming from the front suspension while driving over rough road surfaces. This noise will typically occur when the front suspension is returning to the upward position after a hard downward stroke, such as after driving through a large rut or pothole.

Cause

This condition may be caused by the jounce bumper slamming into the upper spring seat because it is not retained in the correct up position. The jounce bumper loses position due to oil being deposited onto its retention fingers. The oil is from the strut leaking.

Correction

Inspect the front strut(s) for evidence of oil. The leak may be slight but will still cause the concern. If oil is present, replace the affected strut, jounce bumper and dust boot (shield). Before reassembling the strut assembly, glue the new jounce bumper and new dust boot (shield) to the upper spring seat using the steps listed below. To further confirm this concern, the shield/bumper will easily slide up and down the strut shaft.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Need to express my dismay here...

Had the steering rack repaired/replaced for the second time about a year ago and have heard a variety of front end rattles and pops when going over speed bumps or slow speed turns for the past few months.

Three or four months ago, I had the vehicle in for another recall ( seat belt, I think it was ), and while it was there I asked them to check the front end rattle issue as my extended warranty was coming to an end in November. They reported they could not duplicate the rattle and there was nothing of concern in the front end, hence they charged me $20 for diagnosis as no warranty issue was found.

Today, I took the Enclave to an independent shop and asked them to do a mechanical inspection as the extended warranty expires in eight days and the rattles/pops still concern me. They found both cross-member bolts hanging loose and they subsequently tightened them. They also found a couple of oil leaks so I may take in to GM dealer within the next week to address them.

I'm not an expert, but I suspect two loose cross member bolts would contribute to the variety of rattles in the front end...let alone a potential safety hazard....

As no other work has been done on the vehicle, with 106,000KM ( ~ 60,000 miles ), and the vehicle has only been driven on pavement ( no off-roading, etc. ), I suspect the only way the cross member bolts could be hanging loose would be that they were not tightened properly after the last steering warranty work....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have received a notification letter from GM. It is telling me that the "power steering pump wear condition can cause intermittent drop of power steering hydraulic pressure that will cause reduced or loss of steering assist". What the H-ll is this all about?? Any one have any information other than the generic CYA??

·
Registered
1 Posts
drivebuick said:
I had the same issue with the steering noise. My dealer performed PI0029F which replaced gear housing, inl hose, and Dexron VI. The noise is gone so far after they performed PI0029F since Jan 24th 2012. crossed my fingers!! I will post it if the noise come back again.
My Wife's Enclave with 42K Miles started exhibiting a zipper noise about 2 years ago off and on. Here is a video I recorded with my phone, is this what you were experiencing?

youtube video 9PvHuQhb0E4
(sorry can't post link, I'm too new the forum)

You will have to turn up your speakers a bit the hear it.

Did your dealer's repair PI0029F; solve the issue long-term.

thanks,
Bobby

·
Registered
12 Posts
GM Safety Recall #15240.
2008 Buick Enclave
VIN # 5GAER23708J281451
Current mileage 85340 on 05/23/2015.

On the afternoon of 05/22/2015, my wife was putting groceries into the rear hatchback area of the above listed vehicle. When all of a sudden the lift hatch hit her on the back of her head, knocking her to the ground. After taking her to the local ER and the hospital doing a CT scan; the conclusion was that she sustained a concussion to her head.
The next day I went to the local O’Reilly parts store and bought the necessary parts for the repair. $87.58. Labor was calculated at the current Buick dealership labor rate of $110.00 an hour. $2555.58 cost of repair, parts, and medical.

This claim was sent to Buick Customer Assistance Center in December 2015. Buick has REFUSED to reimburse me for any of these expenses, even though this is a RECALL.
BUICK SUCKS!!!!! flaming mad

·
Registered
20 Posts
A quick question, I bought a used 08 AWD Enclave from a dealer in the city of Edmotnon, Ab. I have a bad water pump issue / front cover not corrected by the dealer before sale, although the machine still runs great, is it covered under the Gm recall? Also, I have a buzzing noise on start up without the key in it, and disapers after i put the key in. Normal or not?

Thanks!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts