EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the dealer today and asked about the gearbox re- program, told that my car had not been done and would need 1-1.5 hours to update, I asked when this recall notice was listed - 23 August he said - so I asked why it wasn't done before I collected my car on the 31st - no reply - I do hope it gets better than this.

He also mentioned a technical update from GM about A/C compressor noise -not a recall but noted on the system - if you have this feature.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong location.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wan't aware of such a re-program of the gearbox. Are you referring to the flash update for the transmission?

Also, did you just simply contact the dealer to find out any current or outstanding issues?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Your best bet is to talk to the service department for these issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: recalls and tech notices - Compressor Issue/Tech Notice/Recall

Does anyone have an update on the Compressor issue? Mine is so loud. I took it to the dealership and they gave me a tech notice. All the notice said was GM was investigating the issue, acknowledges it's an issues, recommends against replacing the compressor and it trying to find the source of the noise and issues. It is so loud that it's disrupts the quiet interior. If you have this issue, you'll know it.

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Don Willems? Any information you can give us from the inside?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is there a way within the vehicle to determine what version of transmission SW the vehicle has? And then, to know if this is the most current version or not?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I don't think there is that I know of, but your dealer can look it up for you. As a general rule, I am almost certain that those built after August 1st have the newest software. If I am wrong someone will be quick to correct me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I find it amazing more of you don't complain about the compressor. Maybe because I had a Outlook rental before I had the Enclave I can tell the difference but this noise is awful. Maybe mine is worse than others. I'm hoping someone has some news to share. I wish I could post the technical bulletin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok here is some info from the Tech Notice for those of you who think you might have this condition. I assure you a loud noise in that ultra quiet cabin is NOT normal.

Subject: Growl Noise Only When AC is on While Driven at Slow Speeds (Parking Lot Maneuvers) - Keywords AC Compressor Expansion HVAC Thermal TXV valve whine #PIT4880 - (08-27-2007)

Condition/Concern:

Customers may comments on a growl and/or whine noise when the AC Compressor is engaged while running at lower engine RPM, usually around 1000 to 2000 RPM and usually noticed during parking lot maneuvers. The noise will stop immediately when the compressor is disengaged.

Recommendation/Instructions:[/u]

Engineering is investigating this condition. Do not replace the AC compressor, hoses or TXV for this noise since it will not correct this condition.

This sucks...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm sorry that you have this...I have heard nothing in the cabin that is even close to this, my SO whines a little in the passenger seat sometimes, but thats about it.

Good luck in getting it fixed. Please keep the site posted as you learn more.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
bsox said:
my SO whines a little in the passenger seat sometimes, but thats about it.
I tend to get the whining noise from the backseat. My dealer can't do anything about it. They recommended I wait about 15 years to see if it goes away.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
axiama said:
I tend to get the whining noise from the backseat. My dealer can't do anything about it. They recommended I wait about 15 years to see if it goes away.
IT DOES NOT GO AWAY!
The pitch just changes. :help:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
MRBUICK said:
IT DOES NOT GO AWAY!
The pitch just changes. :help:
We are all on the same wavelength on this one.

I still am upset that my SO does not seem to have any trouble getting the passenger airbag to turn on...I guess that means there is some whining coming from my side of the vehicle as well :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
bsox said:
...I guess that means there is some whining coming from my side of the vehicle as well :thumb:
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. ;) ;D

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
axiama said:
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. ;) ;D
Wow, and I thought with my newly acquired hero status that I would take a step up in your eyes....little did I know ;D

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I can't believe you're already a hero after only two months. That must be a record. Congratulations :notworthy:

G

·
lol, this thred got funny, but i still out rank you all with my 6 STARS, YEA, i think for over 1000 posts we could use a different name other than enclave freak, how about enclave no-it-all or enclave NUT. freak sounds like that tv show freakazoid. i thought that show was wierd . :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
On the one hand I agree with you about a new name for people with over 1,000 posts. I'll probably be there in the next few weeks and I'd rather be a hero than a freak. On the other hand, if you have nearly 1,400 posts about an Enclave, freak is probably right on the mark. :-\

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
MS set the bar – maybe one day we can all be as freaky as her. :)

Now to get this thread back on topic: I’m having a hard time keeping up with all the clinks and clanks and clunks going around this forum lately but this air compressor issue is familiar to me. As greenj3 described, the noise is loud. It only happens occasionally when I am parking but it sounds like I’m parking a jet instead of a car. It’s good to know they’re looking into it and may have a fix soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts