EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Home page, I now have only about 7 messages in the "Recent Topics" column on the right. Before today, I was getting 15-20. It is the same on IE and FF. Is this a changed setting, or an anomaly in my PC?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Re: Forum software settings - changed?

I noticed it this morning as well.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts

Yeah, I noticed that change. I don't like it much. I like the 15-20 most recent listed.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Recent Topic posts

Dear Admin, Several of us have noticed that the recent topics column used to showed a list of 15 recent posts. Now it only shows 9. Please see if you can bring the old number of recent posts back to 15.
Thank you, cfedor

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

The "Recent Topics" section had been displaying the last 15 posts. As of this morning, it displays only the last 9.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Re: Recent Topic posts

To be more accurate, the display has dropped from the past 15 to only the past 9.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts

cfedor said:
Dear Admin, Several of us have noticed that the recent topics column used to showed a list of 15 recent posts. Now it only shows 9. Please see if you can bring the old number of recent posts back to 15.
Thank you, cfedor
Info changed as per GoldEnclave's numbers. Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts

Why the change?? I liked the old way better. Now topics will fall off the list faster and some may not have a chance to respond to a topic of interest.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

I noticed this several days ago over on the Traverse board. There were only 5 or 6 lines on the right side of posts. Under them was a poll which is taking up a lot of real estate. Today there are 10 lines, but still a poll.

I noticed yesterday the Enclave board had fewer lines, but the Acadia board looked normal. Many posts are going to be missed unless readers go into the main board and use that to see the most recent topics.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts

I usually go up to the top left and click on this "Show unread posts since last visit", which will show all news posts since the last time you were logged onto the board.

Makes a fast view of everything posted, even in the "way off topic" area, which many don't visit anyway.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Thanks for the hint, Sailfish. I've got to say that after 3 years of being a member on these boards, this is the first I saw that feature, and only because you posted about it. :thumb:

I will use that from now on. The Traverse board was down to only 3 topics showing on the right hand side shortly after I had posted earlier. :confused:

·
Registered
5,910 Posts

rbarrios said:
the traverse forum is down to 4......
What good is 4? that doesn't even give you a good synopsis of the plethora of threads that we may be involved in.... I need 20 recent posts listed.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts

Just go to the top left and click on this "Show unread posts since last visit", this will show all news posts since the last time you were logged onto the board.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

Although I have been a forum member for about 5.5 years, and have moderated for about 4 of those years, there are still some features and functions that I have not used or have not been aware of. Like Sailfish had advised, use the upper left tab to view all posts since the last visit.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Hi, Gold! How about combining these two threads on the Recent Posts - forum settings?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gracias!! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts