EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Buick Enclave. My problem is my recirculating air button.. It is lighting up when you press it but I dont hear it switching over like it used to.. I am not sure what is wrong with it.. Its not stopping the outside smells from entering the car like it used to. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong..??

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I would look into the actuator. Sounds like it stopped working.
Look up the thread on actuator replacement

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, those electric actuators in this early era Enclaves were problematic. I had to replace 2 of them on our 2009 Enclave. Not the easiest to remove and reinstall replacement actuators, but is possible. Have to know where they are and which ones do what, so you can work the controls to get them to move (or get them so they should move, if they can). If they don't move, they need replacement. On many, a simple little resistor burns out. Apparently the circuit board wasn't design for the power the motor needs. So for a 10 cent resistor, you need to get new actuators (or, if you can solder, get the same resistor and resolder a new one in and away you go).

·
Registered
10 Posts
This has become quite a lengthy thread you want the first page. How to actuator replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts