EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very low mileage `14 Buick Enclave on the way that I`d like to get some *classy looking* body side moldings put on, mostly to avoid door dings from those who are more careless about other people`s property.

Does anyone know of a particular manufacturer they highly recommend? I`m looking for something painted to OEM standards so it`ll match the car dead on. There`s already chrome going along the bottom edge of the doors, so preferably something that`s just solid-color and relatively low profile.

The only thing I`ve really found so far is BodySideMoldings(dot)com's "FE" model of side moldings.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thank you in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't see how these are really going to help. Cars are all different heights and their doors are all different shapes. Chances are where ever the other car's door is going to line up and hit you isn't going to be where that little strip of rubber is. The only way I see this helping is if your significant other who parks next to you all the time is the door dinger. Then you could link up their door and see exactly where you need to put the strip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JayS said:
I don't see how these are really going to help. Cars are all different heights and their doors are all different shapes. Chances are where ever the other car's door is going to line up and hit you isn't going to be where that little strip of rubber is. The only way I see this helping is if your significant other who parks next to you all the time is the door dinger. Then you could link up their door and see exactly where you need to put the strip.
Well...one good thing about the Enclave is that the contour of the door is relatively "flat" around the middle 50-60%. The molding will more than likely jut out far enough from the outermost edge of the door to perhaps make an okay dent in preventing dents :)

If I can reduce dings by even just 25-50%, it's worth the $150 to me. The real secret is to just park away from other people, and walk the extra 30 seconds :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Two other items which you can see on the photo above:

1) Molded side steps greatly improve the looks, help protect from road rash, and are a sturdy step for getting in/out or reaching the roof for whatever reason.
2) Weathertech side window deflectors also add to looks plus permit leaving windows cracked open in hot weather (and no one can see windows are open). There fit in the window tracks- don't have to be glued on.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I also bought body side moldings from sportwing.com for my 2009. They have definitely helped. All they need is the GM paint code located on the label in the glove box. Take only a few days to arrive. They give full instructions and measurements where they should be placed. I also bought these for 2 other vehicles.

CT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Dr. Chris
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing