EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting in Washington state was told the Enclave will be part of this sale.

waitingsince 8-10 said:
I believe we still get the rebate, plus the dealer said that "there's good news" that their "red dot sale" starts today and so we qualify for an additional $500 off... must say that didn't make me that excited. I'd rather have my car!
Lucky for the buyers who have not taken delivery yet!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119535699678597075.html?mod=fpa_whatsnews

GM Launches Year-End
'Red Tag' Incentive Campaign
By JOHN D. STOLL
November 17, 2007 11:01 p.m.

General Motors Corp., looking to spark year-end demand, has launched a new "Red Tag Event" incentive campaign that offers 0% financing for 60 months on several 2007 models and discounts on many newly launched 2008 models. The auto maker is battling to offset lower demand levels which have set in as buyers cope with a housing downturn and high fuel prices. GM launched the campaign Thursday and the company will run the deals until Jan. 2.

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC and Saturn products are covered under the program. GM's Saab and Cadillac brands are holding separate campaigns that revolve around the holidays.

GM says the annual Red Tag Event "is another example of GM using appropriate strategic and tactical incentive offers." In an emailed statement, the company noted that other manufacturers, including Toyota Motor Corp., run similar clearance programs. Chrysler and Dodge dealers, for instance, are currently running a broad "Event of a Lifetime" incentive campaign that offers cash rebates and breaks on vehicle financing.

In GM's case, dealers will use red tags on selected vehicles to advertise a lower price than what typically is asked. The discounted price includes a so-called factory-to-dealer incentive of as much as $1,000 on certain 2008 models, and is combined with other low-interest or cash-rebate offers that in rare cases are also available. On the remaining stock of 2007 models, GM is offering cash rebates or no-interest loans spanning five years in most cases.

GM generally has backed away from offering broad and sweeping incentive campaigns that make it appear the company's entire portfolio is on clearance. But it still periodically launches major initiatives, especially when buyers are most conditioned to expecting them, such as the end of the year and during the summer months.

In a phone interview, GM spokesman John McDonald declined to discuss November sales results, but the auto maker has posted a string of three monthly sales increases after dismal results in June and July. U.S. light-vehicle sales are currently tracking at about 16 million annually, after being above 17 million just two years ago. Most industry analysts expect the current industry slump to continue in 2008.

The downturn has provided a significant headwind to GM's attempt to return North American operations to profitability after two years of restructuring actions. GM's vehicle sales have fallen 6% in 2007 compared to the first 10 months of 2006. Some of the decline results from an effort to cut sales to rental car firms. The company's market share has hovered at 24% in recent months, giving GM executives optimism that the performance may be stabilizing after a decade of decline for the No. 1 auto maker.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
According to the Buick website this only applies to the Lucerne and the Lacrosse. Sorry, no luck for Enclave buyers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The red tag event does apply to Enclaves, my salesman said I qualify for it. The conquest rebate is good to January as well. (I've seen other posts in other threads that the conquest rebate ends this weekend, but not true). :thumb:

;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
conquest is the only thing out there for the enclave now, and my dealer also told me that it is good to Jan.

·
Registered
344 Posts
nickyd said:
conquest is the only thing out there for the enclave now, and my dealer also told me that it is good to Jan.
I guess I'll let you know in a couple days! My dealer told me today I qualify for the red tag and the conquest.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
The 0% financing is only available on 2007 models - definitely not the Enclave. I doubt that they are offering any incentives on the Enclave (aside from the conquest rebate) but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree with you. GM's website says that the red tag is for 0% on some '07 models.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waiting said her salesman told her the Red tag sale will offer an additional $500 off her 2008 Enclave. Reading the article, I believe he is right. I hope he would not tell a customer she is getting an additional $500 discount and then be wrong! The article does mention this in a general fashion (no model specified):

..."The discounted price includes a so-called factory-to-dealer incentive of as much as $1,000 on certain 2008 models,..."

I'd be doing the happy dance! $500 would be a nice little weekend away in my new Enclave!!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That would be great. I'd still be surprised if GM offered factory to dealer incentives on the Enclave. But, the conquest rebate used to be $1,000. It was reduced to $500 around September. So I guess it could happen. Combining a $500 conquest rebate with a $500 factory to dealer incentive brings the total rebates back to $1,000. Waiting should be picking up her Enclave this week - hopefully.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Wouldn't it make sense the automakers would up the incentives about this time of year? Especially on last years inventory. I do not look for the Conquest to disappear today.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi everyone, we just got home from picking up my new baby! Thought I'd let you know that I got the $500 conquest, PLUS the red tag incentive for $500. ;D The conquest runs either to Jan. 1st or Jan. 31st I can't remember for sure. Be sure to have your salesman double check all the rebates and offers at the time you pick up your car. :cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
that would be great! I am supposed to pick up my car on either Dec 1 or Dec 8th depending on when I can get rid of my current car, I would LOVE to get a $1K rebate!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Claveman, The only lambda showing a $500 rebate is the Outlook. My Enclave is being built next week, I am not surprised that the rebates will be gone by then. :'(

·
Registered
612 Posts
docnlaw said:
Claveman, The only lambda showing a $500 rebate is the Outlook. My Enclave is being built next week, I am not surprised that the rebates will be gone by then. :'(
The 2008 Outlook's have a $500 incentive. The 2007 models have a $1500 incentive. Add another $1000 and I might have ordered an Outlook..

·
Registered
344 Posts
docnlaw said:
Did you not read the posts above?? !!! I got $1000 in incentives. I wouldn't go by what the website says. Go by what the dealer says, they can look it up and tell you on the spot what is available. They have up to the minute info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
Did you not read the posts above?? !!! I got $1000 in incentives. I wouldn't go by what the website says. Go by what the dealer says, they can look it up and tell you on the spot what is available. They have up to the minute info.
Congrats on your deal,Waiting.

I was just wondering, is it possible that the dealer just gave you another $500 off the price of the car (to secure the deal) and just said it was part of the red-tag sale? I'm not sure why they'd do that, but sounds possible just the same. I know it doesn't matter to you one way or the other, but I'd hate for someone to look foolish at their dealer by insisting they're entitled to an incentive that doesn't exist.

Just a thought...congrats on your new baby, anyway!!! I LOVE mine!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
no because the red tag event requires that you already own a '99 or newer vehicle that is not a GM vehicle that you are either trading in for the GM, or just switching. (something of that nature). We had to provide a copy of the registration of our '99 Toyota that they sent in with the paperwork in order for us to qualify for the Red Tag. :)

Correction, I had that backwards. The conquest is the incentive where you own a non-GM vehicle. We qualified for the red tag sale, because it just started Thursday or Friday. Anyway, like I said contact the dealer, and post what they say, I'd be curious. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts