EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the group and I have a situation. Last few days my truck will hesitate a lil when I'm at 1500pms. I figured I need a tune up. I have 2012 buick enclave with 154,000 miles. But today I stopped at a stop light and my reduce engine power indicator popped on. I could barely accelerate and truck got up to 45 slowly like limp mode has kicked on. I need answers if anybody has any.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
Reduced Engine Power is the only message that was displayed? No Check Engine Light? Yes you should scan for codes and take it from there. Check and Clean your throttle body with CRC Throttle body cleaner with the ignition OFF, make sure it is free. If you know that you need plugs, as if they weren't done at 90,000, go with OEM. Run a bottle of Techtron Concentrate, the big one to treat 20 Gallons. skip a tank and do another one. Change your oil afterward and make sure the oil is topped off in the meantime. Just a few items to start off with, let us know about the codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reduced Engine Power is the only message that was displayed? No Check Engine Light? Yes you should scan for codes and take it from there. Check and Clean your throttle body with CRC Throttle body cleaner with the ignition OFF, make sure it is free. If you know that you need plugs, as if they weren't done at 90,000, go with OEM. Run a bottle of Techtron Concentrate, the big one to treat 20 Gallons. skip a tank and do another one. Change your oil afterward and make sure the oil is topped off in the meantime. Just a few items to start off with, let us know about the codes.
No check engine light but my alternator and traction control indicator popped on. Thank you and yes I will let you know about the codes

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
Some sensor is so far out of range that the car has gone into limp mode. Definitely scan it, even if you didn't see a check engine light, because there may be some pending codes. With the alternator and traction control also popping on the second thing I'd look at is battery health and charging system health. When your voltage and amperage drops all sorts of sensors will start reporting bad values. The majority of vehicle sensors are just dumb ohm meters measuring for an acceptable range of resistance. Ohms law..... amps = volts/resistance. The only way that formula works to build a sensor that measures resistance is if amps and volts remain consistent, which a good battery and charging system provide.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
If you have a smartphone or Ipod, a good Bluetooth scanner such as Bluedriver is invaluable to keep with the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the group and I have a situation. Last few days my truck will hesitate a lil when I'm at 1500pms. I figured I need a tune up. I have 2012 buick enclave with 154,000 miles. But today I stopped at a stop light and my reduce engine power indicator popped on. I could barely accelerate and truck got up to 45 slowly like limp mode has kicked on. I need answers if anybody has any.
Consider taking to muffler shop to have catalytic converter checked for blockage. I had a problem many years ago, where power took a big hit. Old-timer mechanic at small-town shop bypassed the catalytic converter and we were on our way with full power.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
Yes a poorly tuned engine can clog a cat with raw fuel passing through. Did you get any CELs with a bypassed Cat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts