EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw on the news today that buick and lexus were tied @ #1 for reliability. has anyone else seen any other reports?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Yes, I started a thread earlier today.
J D Power / Buick tied with Lexus (in the general forum)
Sorry, I don't know how to link it. (I should ask my daughter)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's a copy of the GM Letter on Buick and Lexus Quality...

Buick Quality on Par with Lexus, Cadillac Next in Line
Buick tied Lexus for the lead in overall vehicle dependability, followed by Cadillac, in the J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS), released today. This is the first time in 12 years that Lexus shared the top spot in the study. Overall, GM improved 6.4 percent, slightly higher than the industry rate of improvement. Although several GM brands ranked below industry average, all GM brands improved in the study from 2006.

GM earned four top segment awards including:
Buick Century – Midsize Car
Oldsmobile Bravada – Midsize Multi Activity Vehicle
Chevrolet SSR – Midsize Sporty
Oldsmobile Silhouette – Van

Ten other models placed among the top three in their segments: Buick Park Avenue, Rainier and Regal; Cadillac CTS, DeVille and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Aveo, Corvette, and Suburban; and GMC Yukon.

“These results provide third–party confirmation of our ongoing improvement to the long–term quality of our brands,” said Jamie Hresko, vice president of GM Quality. “While the results are good, we still have plenty of work to do. To gain the competitive edge, we need to meet every quality target, address variation across our brands and execute consistently in all product programs. The competition is not going to stand still.”

“We are especially pleased with Buick’s ranking as it affirms Buick’s craftsmanship–like focus on quality, attention to detail and library–quiet vehicles,” said Jim Bunnell, general manager of Buick–Pontiac–GMC. “Buick owners can feel confident that they have a high quality, quiet vehicle that is now a recognized leader in dependability.”

The study, which is based on responses from more than 53,000 original owners, focuses on problems experienced in the past 12 months with three–year–old vehicles (model year 2004 cars and trucks).

To find out more about the study results and to access the J.D. Power news release, visit www.jdpower.com and click on “J.D. Power

http://email.graction.com/cgi-bin15/DM/y/nZ4Z0KOGYO0D4Y0a8n0Em

1 - 3 of 3 Posts