EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Hey "New Buick Man" or anyone else,
What is the proper antenna placement? Any weblinks or pics of it? Our 10 E factory remotes will not work > 20' and the extended range is only ~30'. Help! :help:

· Registered
31 Posts
Both the standard fobs and the extended range fob exhibit short range effectiveness. Has anyone heard of this TSB:

#08-08-52-003B: Limited or Poor Transmitter Range When Using Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) and/or Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (add Shielding Foil Tape to Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Wire Harness) - (May 12, 2008)
Subject: Limited or Poor Transmitter Range When Using Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) and/or Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (Add Shielding Foil Tape to Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Wire Harness)

I know it's an old TSB, but since the extended range fob is a dealer installed item, it would be possible that the antenna and wiring harness for On-Star and other RF sources may be interfering. Our E was transferred from another dealer 200 miles away so I think I will have my local selling dealer review the installation.

· Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,
My local dealer reworked the Advanced Remote antenna installation (was originally done by another dealer) and our remote range has improved dramatically. We had to stand literally right next to the vehicle to unlock the doors with the standard fob, the advanced fob allowed us to stand about 10' feet away. Now the standard fob works from across the street. In fact I can sit with the advanced fob in the den , which is on the other end of the house from the garage, and check the tire pressures and fuel levels - that is going through several walls. So we are pleased. The antenna was left down inside the wheel well trim instead of on top - see attachment pic.
Also read that some other owners experienced TPMS errors, which we did also on our recent trip, so will be watching for improvement there also.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts