EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself using my remote start even when I am a few seconds away from my car. I justify it my thinking the extra 10-12 seconds of the engine warming up is good for the car instead of starting it and immediately starting to drive. Is there any truth to my rationalization or am I just rationalizing my toy fetish? ???

·
Registered
120 Posts
It sounds logical to me. You have a new toy and you want to use it. -26F when I left the house this morning, so the logic I use is that the seats will get hot that much quicker.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have found myself using this all the time as well - it really is handy to get things going so once you hop in its time to go!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have a "toy" fetish too...but that's for another thread! :eek: :eek: JUST KIDDING :happy: Seriously, I know how you feel. I actually like doing it anytime there is someone else near the Enclave....just to freak them out! ;D Maybe we should start a care group for "Remote Start Aholics"!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cars these days do not require warming up. Some manufacturers do not recommend letting the car sit on idle for a long time (at first start). With that said, I still wait about 15 seconds (just enough time to get myself settled) before I shift to reverse and back out the garage. Of course I don't gun it until the temp reaches normal level. Yes, I do love the convenience of the remote start. I don't remember reading in the manual, but are the seat heaters supposed to turn on when remote start is activated?

·
Registered
134 Posts
goochman said:
I have found myself using this all the time as well - it really is handy to get things going so once you hop in its time to go!
Ditto! We went to the Detroit auto show over the weekend, temp outsice was 10 deg. Enclave was parked under our hotel room window, covered with snow.
Used the remote start, and when we got to the car the windows were clear and rhe seats warm.
Great country America! ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts
That remote start is addicting just need something clarified from everyone or anyone. Coldest it's been here when I've started it has been about 43. I listen as it starts and about 10 secs after it starts i hear a kind of "ca-chunk" sound (****, we need to add voice clips to this forum ... lol). Is that normal?

·
Registered
181 Posts
You might hear the A/C turning on.
I use the Remote Start all of the time. My Wife has a condition where she needs the "Air Flow".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you TD that's what I was thinking as well, that it was "something" turning on. I need airflow also .... love having the windows up for the quiet but need air, especially when it will be 115 in the summer ... otherwise you'd find a roasted and toasted Hot Mama in her beautiful Enclave which means someone else would get use of it and not me!! :angryfire: LOL

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Flipsonic said:
Cars these days do not require warming up. Some manufacturers do not recommend letting the car sit on idle for a long time (at first start). With that said, I still wait about 15 seconds (just enough time to get myself settled) before I shift to reverse and back out the garage. Of course I don't gun it until the temp reaches normal level. Yes, I do love the convenience of the remote start. I don't remember reading in the manual, but are the seat heaters supposed to turn on when remote start is activated?
Yes it is based on the outside temp. when cold enough the seat heaters come on along with the defrost. If this is not happening, you either have a malfunction or it is not cold enough outside.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My wife drives "Dave" and historically, she's used the seat heaters in all our cars in August! Talk about cold blooded! (Thank goodness we have dual controls on our heated mattress pad...I think I'd burn if I slept on her side all the time!) When she discovered that the seat heaters come on when using the remote start in cold weather she too became addicted. This from a woman repelled by technology (even though she uses the highest technology in her practice!)

Jay

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I wonder what males your Enclave male (Dave),
and my Enclave female (Ruby)?
???
Could it be the color?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Or is it the size of the antenna?