EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???
I bought my Enclave on 12/10. I am still learning everything, but am enjoying every moment in the car!

Question: Can I program the remote start so that it will turn on the defroster in the front and rear in cold weather? I have the automatic climate control system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Below a certain temp (not sure what that is, check manual), it will turn on the seat heaters and the heat. I don't think that the rear defrost will come on however. Front might, not sure. I just tried mine, (in the teens), and the seat heaters came on, but no heat throught the blower because it was too cold. Might kick in the front defroster when heat is available, but I didn't wait to see. Too cheap! I don't recall that there is any way to make the rear defrost come on. Anyone? Anyone?? ???

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
dandemain said:
???
I bought my Enclave on 12/10. I am still learning everything, but am enjoying every moment in the car!

Question: Can I program the remote start so that it will turn on the defroster in the front and rear in cold weather? I have the automatic climate control system.

Thanks!
Welcome dandemain . It already does turn on the front defrosters (high speed too!) and heated seats. I'm about 85% sure the REAR defroster goes on also but forgot to look. Doesn't matter if you left car with everything turned on or not!
Don't forget the first time you remote start, it runs 10 minutes. Not really enough for severe ice and snow as engine must warm up to get any hot air on that front windshield. So you can press the remote start sequence TWICE in a row to get 20 minutes of time!. Beware, a 3rd time is NOT available, if you don't get in to drive within the 20 minutes. In other words, if you want to do remote start AGAIN, for a 3rd time, cause you didn't get out there for some reason, it will not work till it "sees" the key in the ignition! Then you go back to the beginning.

No doubt this was to avoid possible CO fumes in a closed garage accidentily reaching possible deadly levels, or just running out of GAS! ;)

Beautiful......... :thumb:

·
Registered
360 Posts
orthopac said:
The rear defroster definitely (100%) comes on with the remote start function. Tested it this am. Drive Beautiful :thumb:
I stand corrected. Thanks for gettin' my back orthopac :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts