EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My wife drives a 2008 Enclave CXL. I Want to put remote start on it for her. I have heard you can get a remote start fob and program it... Does this mean The Enclave already has a receiver built into it? Is this true? If not, does anyone know of a good aftermarket system to put in? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm not sure of the factory remote start question, but I can recommend the Drone Mobile system. I had this system installed in my 2012 King Ranch Expedition last year and it's worked flawlessly ever since. Best part is you don't have to fool around with a key fob, it's controlled with your smartphone. Very configurable as well. http://www.dronemobile.com/index.html

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
While that's all well and good, I prefer to get in a preheated cabin myself. It's strictly creature comfort for me and mine. I'll hug a tree some other way.

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
rexster said:
While that's all well and good, I prefer to get in a preheated cabin myself. It's strictly creature comfort for me and mine. I'll hug a tree some other way.
+1 :ditto: I agree.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check the RPO sticker for "AU6 which is for remote door lock. Since your Enclave is a CXL now called "Premium" its top of the line and would have remoter locks and start.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
rexster said:
Yup, I like the warm cabin thingy. But it's not about hugging trees, it's about how hard it can be on the engine... I admit I used the remote start several times myself! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
rockyp said:
All that angers me! Factory puts on remote starts, they have been around for a while now, none of these new reports makes sense.....why would it be bad to idle the engine? What about areas where people are stopped in traffic for long periods of time? Are all those cars having excess wear because of that? I call B.S. on all this....I will still use my remote start!

·
Super Moderator
21,166 Posts
rockyp said:
Thanks for posting these links. However, this is not a new concept. I've been aware that warm ups were not necessary for modern cars since I began driving my first car; a 1992 Plymouth Duster.

I must admit that I do remote start my Enclave in order to make the cabin more comfortable on cold winter days and hot summer days. :shrug:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
My husband always remote starts the Enclave when we are using it. That is the one thing he says he misses as his Infiniti doesn't have it. Although he did say the heated steering wheel was nearly a good replacement.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Haven't you guys ever been stuck at the tunnel and glance over at a truck next to you with a clean idle sticker?

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/truck-idling/factsheet.pdf

Tree hugging is a term that offends a lot of people. Just as you tell your colleagues you're headed to the Dead shows and some man hater in front of all your colleagues says you're taking your 1 1/2 y.o. to a drug fest? Stereotypes. Patrick Leahy and Al Franken are US Senators, and Deadheads.

Here's one of the questions on the doc:

If I can’t idle, what can I do about cab comfort?

Imagine, even a BMW addresses that and provides heat with the motor off--nobody at BMW hugs trees, they are all about the $$$$$. Yet they design responsible features into the vehicles. I remember someone here ranting about it, saying his wife was like 4'11" or something it was nuts, I think he's now on my ignore list....

edit: just thought of this, if you lease, why would you care at all if your vehicle idled for hours? You are not dinged by hours operated (like a jet or a boat), and the wear is on a vehicle that you are renting.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
yup--- seen the clean idle decals... everyday.

that document... makes sense for this area.

The Port of Long Beach and Port of Los Angeles--- 7 miles apart-- ... usually take the 710, 605, 10,201, etc freeways to get out of So Cal and head everywhere.........they end up criss crossing the LA freeways...

No joke- when you end up stuck in this traffic- and everyone is idling...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Fortunately, I was born, mostly raised as a kid, and after my first retirement in 1978 moved back, to Florida.
Have never been cold enough around me to even consider using remote start. So, I haven't.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
PaPas Truck said:
Fortunately, I was born, mostly raised as a kid, and after my first retirement in 1978 moved back, to Florida.
Have never been cold enough around me to even consider using remote start. So, I haven't.
Here in Los Angeles-
I use my remote start every morning.
Not because its cold/hot.
Its because of that long engine start- and rev down. I dont shift into Drive until rpm's are 600-900....

So what I do- is as im putting on my shoes- I remote start....
I then head out the back door and walk to the car out front.
By that time rpms are settling down-- I hop in- turn key and shift to D and drive off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Looked into this a couple of years ago for my 08 cxl, Buick had a kit that came with two remotes and a licence number from gm to reflash the bcm. The bcm flash must be performed at the dealer since they have the computer program to do it. I think it was around 350 installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts