EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Remote to the chin, it really works

6K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  bsox 
#1 ·
I would have never believed it, but when I hold my remote to my chin, it really extends the range. I have experimented walking to my car after work, and the normal range does not seem to be too far. HOWEVER, when I hold the remote to my chin, it works at a greater distance.
I have tried this in different parking lots, and it really works. :thumb:
I'm stumped how it works, but then again, how does that picture get on the TV screen? :banghead:

#2 ·
How sad are our lives when this is what we find fun now...I did it too ::) ::) :eek: :eek: Did you at least look to make sure you were not on a surveillance camera??? I would hate have to people at work think you were losing it like Big Larry that can't even remember to turn off his car at a gas station!!! And I thought us new young Buick owners were suppose to be so cool...I think we all need help and I will be the first in line.

#3 ·
I am at that "advanced" age where I don't care what people think.
After all, I am the Buick Guru............ :eek:hno: >:D

#5 ·
Could it be the antennas on my head? :banghead:
Do you remember "My Favorite Martian"? He was my uncle. :help:

#6 ·
Oh man I'm showing my age here, but I have no idea what "My Favorite Martian" is.

However my 61 yr old father used to tell me about the chin thing when I was first starting to drive. I thought it was the dumbest thing I had seen and felt silly to be with him when he did it. But you know what, there have been certain occasions that I had to do this, and the **** thing worked... :thumb:

#9 ·
Yes, my name is Tim O'Hara :eek:hno:
and my brother is Gomez Addams............ :confused:

#12 ·
i only do the chin thing at night an when im alone!

#14 ·
MRBUICK said:
I would have never believed it, but when I hold my remote to my chin, it really extends the range. I have experimented walking to my car after work, and the normal range does not seem to be too far. HOWEVER, when I hold the remote to my chin, it works at a greater distance.
I have tried this in different parking lots, and it really works. :thumb:
I'm stumped how it works, but then again, how does that picture get on the TV screen? :banghead:
The human body (some 85% water) acts like a ground plane antenna. Analogy would be like a floor gymnast using a springboard of foam VS a springboard of wood.
They travel further with a better base to send from ;)

You didn't hear it from me, but.....................try holding up one arm ,straight out, too, next time :eek: ;) ;D

#15 ·
Okay guys...I have to ask...

When you are holding the remote to your chin, which way is it pointing...??? Up, down, out, in...and I mean I really need the details of this trick...
[/color] :help:

And MRBUICK...he's just a namedropper... [/color] ;)

#16 ·
Smokin SRX said:
The human body (some 85% water) acts like a ground plane antenna. Analogy would be like a floor gymnast using a springboard of foam VS a springboard of wood.
They travel further with a better base to send from ;)

You didn't hear it from me, but.....................try holding up one arm ,straight out, too, next time :eek: ;) ;D
Why hold your arm straight out rather than up high? Won't up high send the signal over some of the cars (rather than through them) in the parking lot?

#17 ·
:D I'm laying odds is the silver fillings in your teeth. :)

#18 ·
Enclave 1 said:
Why hold your arm straight out rather than up high? Won't up high send the signal over some of the cars (rather than through them) in the parking lot?
No. You are not the antenna. You are the "springboard", base foundation, or backstop for the signal. Signal still emanates from the transmitter. Sorry. But standing on top of that BMW next to you would definitely help!! ;D

#21 ·
Big Larry said:
I did some experiments and I found that when I held the remote right next to, uh, let's call it "Mr. Happy," I was able to unlock cars on the next block and even started my coffee maker. I guess it's that antenna effect.

"Big" Larry
[/color] ;D

***YOU WISH***

#23 ·
Big Larry said:
Ooops... turns out I was looking at it in the right side mirror -- you know -- "objects are closer than they appear."

Big Magnified Larry
[/color] :eek:
I don't think the right hand mirror would have been quite enough, are you sure you don't have one of those fun house mirrors from the fair mounted on your enclave?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.