EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to unhook the XM module but the plug is stopped by some molding. I can't figure out how to either push the module up so that I have enough room or what I need to disconnect to unplug the thing. I'm replacing the module with another one. I'm not going to remove the old one just hook up the new one and duct tape it to the jack compartment. Nothing on YouTube 馃様

Registered
Is it the special plastic retainer you are speaking of? It actually is just a cover over a standard Sirius/XM antenna. I ran a wire (to use the factory antenna) using an extension antenna cable from there to the new radio, and left the old module there. Is that similar to what you are trying to do?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the special plastic retainer you are speaking of? It actually is just a cover over a standard Sirius/XM antenna. I ran a wire (to use the factory antenna) using an extension antenna cable from there to the new radio, and left the old module there. Is that similar to what you are trying to do?
I tried that to test the antenna but it is the module that is bad. I'm not going to remove the module just need to get the plug free. I need about an inch to get it over the plastic molding. I will plug the new one in and duct tape it to the jack area.

Registered
I tried that to test the antenna but it is the module that is bad. I'm not going to remove the module just need to get the plug free. I need about an inch to get it over the plastic molding. I will plug the new one in and duct tape it to the jack area.
I can't remember the details, but it IS easy ... the plastic thing comes off once you get it loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts