EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! 2012 Enclave with just the standard head unit... the FM has quit working and the Bluetooth works but not well enough to use.. I was wanting to buy an used unit out of a wreck.. the same standard head unit...and replace it. Is this just a “plug and play” thing or will I have to have it “synced” by the dealer to make it work.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
There are videos on youtube to open it up and remove a chip, then do a syncing process. Just in case you want to go that route, otherwise I do believe the dealer would have to flash the system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think that just removing the chip and having it flashed would fix my problem? Or do I still need to replace the unit too?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I posted something on your other thread on a Traverse forum members troubleshooting, it may or may not pertain to your issue with FM. Do you have any extra electronics such as a dashcam? Disable anything else which may interfere with your reception. Is it just static or nothing at all?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Don’t forget- the antenna has a signal amp that can lose power or go bad too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys!! 2012 Enclave with just the standard head unit... the FM has quit working and the Bluetooth works but not well enough to use.. I was wanting to buy an used unit out of a wreck.. the same standard head unit...and replace it. Is this just a “plug and play” thing or will I have to have it “synced” by the dealer to make it work.
Thanks!!!
i replaced mine (2011) with one that has GPS, etc from a Chevy that a salvage yard was 'reprogramming'. just haven't figured out how to make the backup camera display on the radio instead of the mirror
Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts