EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question is, are there certain engines that i have to look for replacement i have a 2012 BUICK ENCLAVE CX 5GAKVDED8CJ309728, and the engine is pretty much done for, i found a used 2012 LLT vin d engine $1800 146000 km will it work?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Yes, you will need to find a donor vehicle with the 5th digit "V" , indicating it is AWD. Check this vin decoding site for info:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Allo,

Had my engine swapped out some months ago.
Car is still weird with some occasional oxygen sensor and misfire on cylinder #5. A/c has a leak too... Gets me by for now.

Hope all goes well for you!

I think I paid $2500 for the engine. Plus labor tax I think total was 3800$

Let.us know how yours go. 1800$ seems like a decent deal. Hopefully labour don't get you. It's quite the job to swap.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Allo,

Had my engine swapped out some months ago.
Car is still weird with some occasional oxygen sensor and misfire on cylinder #5. A/c has a leak too... Gets me by for now.

Hope all goes well for you!

I think I paid $2500 for the engine. Plus labor tax I think total was 3800$

Let.us know how yours go. 1800$ seems like a decent deal. Hopefully labour don't get you. It's quite the job to swap.

Hi DaFrenchman,

How many miles were on the new engine? Did you have a GM dealer do the swap? $1300 for labor seems great from what I'd expect to be a huge project.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Hi DaFrenchman,

How many miles were on the new engine? Did you have a GM dealer do the swap? $1300 for labor seems great from what I'd expect to be a huge project.

Thanks in advance.
In my case i had a family mechanic do my engine change out. He is 400 miles away, but came highly recommended by my father in law. The swap took a week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The shop that did the work was a friend of a friend.
The original engine had about 120k.

The replacement engine I think around 80k.

The shop had the car a long time.... Like 3 months. Fortunately I didn't need the card much.

I did have a warranty on the used car engine. But I went by GM recommended oil change schedule .... The warranty was written for 3/3000 . So I blew that and was out of pocket.... Which is why I took this route....

Reactions: cfedor
1 - 6 of 6 Posts