EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a defective touch screen on my stereo with DVD and NAV. Looks like i can find used on Ebay for $200-$300. Stereo shop says they can put in for about $100. They said I may need to get a code from the dealer. Anyone know anything about that and if the dealer charges?

·
Registered
18 Posts
GM (Delphi) OEM radios are coded to the vehicle's VIN to prevent theft.

I swapped my "plain jane" OEM radio in my 2011 Enclave for an OEM radio from a 2014 Enclave (bought off eBay). My local Buick dealer charged $120 for VIN reprogramming and installed the new radio. Took them less than 1 hour at the dealer. I was very happy as it added Bluetooth streaming and HD radio to my 2011 Enclave for $210 (radio + recoding). All of the steering wheel controls work too ! The sound out of the speakers is notably better ! It does not have the Bose sound - just the radio and the 6-speaker setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What do you mean by defective? Mine wasn’t working at all and it ends up that all it needed was to have the dealership upload the programming update. Cost me next to nothing. Thankfully I found an honest smart dealership as other ones tried to sell me a new infotainment center.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The touch screen is cracked/broken. I contacted a dealer for a used unit install and they wanted $300 just for the install. I'd go up to $500 for a replacement using either the OEM or a new unit as long as I can get same functionality (i.e. bu camera, steering stereo control etc.).

·
Registered
18 Posts
The touch screen is cracked/broken. I contacted a dealer for a used unit install and they wanted $300 just for the install. I'd go up to $500 for a replacement using either the OEM or a new unit as long as I can get same functionality (i.e. bu camera, steering stereo control etc.).
I suggest pricing a used radio / head unit on eBay. There are a variety of models but you should be able to find one that matches your option package. Navigation adds extra vs a "plain" model. I bought by non-Navigation unit for $90 or so. Navigation enabled ones run like $200+. See below.
The physical install is relatively straightforward - remove a bezel and 4 bolts. Disconnect the 3 or 4 wiring connectors + antenna cable and remove. Youtube has videos on the Traverse/Enclave/Acadia family.
You will need the VIN reprogram which is around $110 give or take. Any GM dealer can do the reprogramming. I shopped around a couple of GM dealerships before I found one.
An OEM model will plug into the existing wiring harness and give you backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc.

Light Portable electronic game Font Gadget Digital camera

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
I recall seeing some shops online that will program the radio with your vin- when you send in your old radio and they send back another radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts