EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope it's okay to post this here--
I'm a reporter with the New York Post working on an Enclave article and looking for input from Enclave owners --or would-be owners, if you're still waiting! --in the NY metro area. My deadline is Friday at 2 p.m., EST. Anyone willing to help out can email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Some of the things I'd like to know include:

--Why you picked the Enclave, and what other cars you compared before deciding. Also, what were you previously driving...
--How long, start to finish, did it take to get your car?
--Is there anyone out there who ordered, but canceled because of production delays?
---If you're still waiting, how long, why (any specific reasons cited by your dealer) and how long WILL you wait for this car?
--Anyone out there able to walk into a dealership and find the Enclave they wanted right away?
--If you bought off the lot, how far did you travel to get it?
--Did any of you decide to delay purchase -- or cancel -- because of options touted in ads that still haven't become available (ie, the DK-1 second console; the back-of-driver seat double DVD thing)
--For those of you who've had your car a couple months, are you satisfied with the purchase? Anyone wish they'd gone with a different car?

Any other input, feel free.............

Full disclosure: I've been waiting 100-plus days for my Enclave, though it's allegedly built and ``in transit.''

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
jeanemac
Welcome to the forum.
I sent you some information. I hope it assists you with your article.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What about us out west...where can we read your article?![/color] :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, West Coast.
Sunday's NYPost, business section. And it's not that I don't care about you guys west of the Mississippi and beyond, I just need to localize this a bit.

;)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I hope people respond to this positive or negative. It is a publicity tool either way you want to utilize it. Not often the little voice gets to be heard by a giant publication!!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I replied to Jeane by e-mail, and also had a lengthy phone conversation with her yesterday. Not only is she a journalist, but also a BIG Enclave fan. I asked that she mention the forum, and she said that she definitely would. She asked me, a Buick fanatic, many questions about my Buick history, and why I purchased the Enclave, and how I like it. (All good)
She stated that the story will be published in this Sunday's New York Post in the business section. I will be sure to pick up a copy and keep you posted. :woot:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sent my story as well. ;D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just sent my saga ;D
Also told Jeane that if her Enclave is in transit, she should have a VIN number and the wait time should be (from build date to arrival), about 17 days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
upstate ny here. just sent in my story....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Everyone--

Thanks so much to all of you that have responded -- just wanted to tell you that the story has been bumped for a week (volatile market week, so business needs the space I was taking....) It'll run NEXT Sunday, not this. So anyone that still wants to put in his/her 2 cents, feel free!

BTW, I will get back to all of you who've contacted me that I haven't either yet spoken to or emailed.

Thanks!
Jeane

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:blahblah: You sure you don't need my opinion...?? [/color] :mope: :comfort:

:mope:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
jeane,
Is the story running in Sunday's (1/27) NY Post?

MRBUICK

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
It's Saturday late afternoon, and I have not heard back from Jeane to confirm if the story will be in tomorrow's paper.
I will pick up a copy anyway and will advise.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi all--sorry for the delay in posting, I've been out-for-the-count sick. Anyway, story's being held another week (insert big collective groan and tomato-throwing here..) But it will run. Really. To those of you who wrote this week, I will get back to you now that I can function again. Thanks so much for your input and patience. Jeane

PS-my car is allegedly here and ready to come home Monday!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope this article is available online! :thumb:
Jeanne, can you tell us a little bit about your Enclave on order?? ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Jeane,
Thank you for the update. I hope you are feeling better. :dancing:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news, bad news...good news, story's running tomorrow. Bad, I tried to use info from all of you that responded, but,thanks to vagaries of newspaper space, most got cut.(Please don't come key my car!) I am keeping all comments and input-plus your emails, for possible follow up in future. Other good news, enclave forum mention stayed, with hyperlink to it on Post website. Bad news, and my fault for not catching it in time,the forum was misidentified in early editions of print paper. Good news, a correction will be in monday's print paper.Story morphed over the weeks into more of a personal finance piece on how people really want this car, despite long waits, few if any deals on pricing and no financing deals.

Again, I thank you all so much for taking the time to write and talk--you are an informed and, in many cases, very humorous bunch!!!
I really appreciate the input you gave.

Oh, and speaking of waits, the GM folks told me that 3 to 4 months is now the usual wait, and it doesn't seem to be letting up much in near future (allocations or not, according to GM.) So those of you who are getting your cars more quickly, say a prayer to the car gods.

With that, I will now return to being just a regular forum member, if you'll have me.

PS--my car got here!!!! Picked it up Wednesday, now have 135 miles on it- mostly just from driving in circles pretending not to show off. Got mobbed at the 7/11 by admirers. Also drove in the rain (what's up with the no rain sensor wipers??!!) And it was cold enuf that the car told me the roads could get icy! I nearly jumped out of my skin--it's like having my mother in the car, only without audio..
Does it also tell you to put on a sweater and stop biting you nails?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One more thing, before you start sending me hate mail.I put base priced for cx and cxl, then worked out what the cxl would be fully loaded, and it came to around 47,000.That all got edited down to 40,000 even though the average would really be slightly higher...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Great article! Thanks Jeane!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts