EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up new WTC Enclave - love it!
One question: the rectangular shaped bolt cover marked "airbag" on the right front exit/entry assist "grab handle" on the "A" pillar keeps popping off. Hate the way all passengers immediately comment on this while ignoring all the other greatness of the vehcile.
Anyone know how to make this stay on. Even trimmed off some obvious plastic mold "runnover" but it didin't helpl.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Firstly,WELCOME!! :welcome:

Assuming the bolt and handle are tight (yank on it!) put a drop of clear silicon adhesive on it and it will stay! Then, if needed it can easily be pulled of. Sounds like the plastic zinger is just not retaining it in place, or maybe shrinking, and falling off.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smokin SRX,
Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a plan.
All that's needed is some warmer weather so the silicone can cure properly. It's recently been very cold here in New England!
Cheers

·
Registered
388 Posts
wetash said:
Just picked up new WTC Enclave - love it!
One question: the rectangular shaped bolt cover marked "airbag" on the right front exit/entry assist "grab handle" on the "A" pillar keeps popping off. Hate the way all passengers immediately comment on this while ignoring all the other greatness of the vehcile.
Anyone know how to make this stay on. Even trimmed off some obvious plastic mold "runnover" but it didin't helpl.

Thanks,
Have the dealer get you a new one. It shouldn't do that.

I had a similar problem with the lock slider on my Silverado when new.

Richard

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm not going to be gluing anthing in place in my new $40,000.00 vehicle. Go to the dealer! Just mho

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
wetash said:
Even trimmed off some obvious plastic mold "runnover" but it didin't helpl.
I also say take it to the dealer and have them order new parts but my guess is that silicone would work and the cap would be relatively easy to remove if necessary.

As an aside the correct term is "flash".

That concludes our engineering lesson for today.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bsox said:
I'm not going to be gluing anthing in place in my new $40,000.00 vehicle. Go to the dealer! Just mho

Sometimes it's best to keep your "powder dry", till really needed. Plus time is a big factor with me these days.

depends on how nice/equipped your dealers waiting room is I guess ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Sometimes it's best to keep your "powder dry", till really needed. Plus time is a big factor with me these days.

depends on how nice/equipped your dealers waiting room is I guess ;)
Wow, you are really into the projectile analogies lately, first the quiver and arrows now gun powder, is there something you would like to confess to us Smokin or is it really Ted ..............ski?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, I always try to make my point! Very astute of you to notice.
But as for confessions..........what happens around the Enclave stays around the Enclave ;) ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts