EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side outside rear view mirror does not retract or extend. How difficult is it to change the motor? What would a realistic cost estimate be if the dealer does the the repair?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't know for sure but I assume that it would be easier and probably cheaper if you
replaced the whole assembly vs trying to just do the motor. If you can even find one.

A junk yard might very well have the whole assembly undamaged.
The trick might be finding one the same color as yours. Google?

There are posts on the boards about how to do it yourself.
If you could take it apart before you ordered one it might be a belt broke or slipped off. ???
Can you hear anything when you hit the switch?
It should be plug and play for the most part if you exchanged the whole unit.

You didn't say what year you have? Sorry just saw you have a 2010

A dealer probably won't have any used ones, so expect to pay a lot.
I guess you could call and dealers parts dept. and ask how much. Then add 2-3 hours for labor even if they could
do it in 1 hour or so.

·
Registered
440 Posts
See if the motor is actually bad, or if one of the plastic parts is broken that controls the horizontal or vertical positioning.

·
Registered
703 Posts
jcal68 said:
The passenger side outside rear view mirror does not retract or extend. How difficult is it to change the motor? What would a realistic cost estimate be if the dealer does the the repair?
I have this same problem and have had my mirror apart. It is not hard to get to the motor but you cannot buy the motor separately (trust me, I checked everywhere) so you need to buy an entire mirror housing assembly. At that point you can mount the entire assembly (which involves removing the interior door panel) or you can just change out the power fold motor.

timmy:
What you are explaining is the mirror angle adjust. I think the OP is referring to the power fold feature that folds the entire mirror housing toward the side of the vehicle. There are 2 different motors for the 2 functions and the angle adjust one can be bought separately but the power fold one cannot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
sklunk
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing