EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a auto expert by any means...but I've noticed something that my Enclave does that none of my previous vehicle have done.

I'm stopped on a hill, ideling...when I take my foot of the brake (before I hit the gas), I roll back A TON! If I don't hit the gas right away, I'd roll back right into somebody within a second or two.

Is this normal for the Enclave or is this something I should have the dealer check out? It just strikes me as significantly different from any other vehicle I've ever driven.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
This complaint has come up on the Lambda's several times before but I personally have not experienced it. I don't recall if the discussions were here or on the Acadia site however.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I have not experienced this with my FWD Enclave.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is FWD, and the problem is unmistakenly obvious. After some more digging - I did find some discussion on this topic from a few months ago:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1632.0

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1426.0

It doesn't seem like this issue has been addressed. Seems like a safety concern worthy of a recall. Something is inconsistent here - several people seem to have the problem, and several others seem to disregard what we're saying about the problem (which to me means they aren't having the problem to the extent I am). I've never had a vehicle "roll back" this much...it's certainly NOT normal.

One well informed person seemed to suggest the problem was with the Torque Converter.

I'd love to get one of our GM insiders to address this issue...seems like it's been a common enough complaint that they should be doing something about it. At times it feels like I'm driving with a manual transmission!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
grd398s , this complaint was beat to death with no true solution about 2 months ago. I chimed in, as well. Seems that this vehicle, with 6 speed auto, has a very low torque converter pressure, at idle RPM speeds. Unless a "HillHolder" option is added in subsequent years, seems that's the way it is, and is gonna stay.

As far as how severe it actually is, many members expressed minor to EXTREME backward roll, while waiting to pull into traffic, perched on some degree of incline. I have it also (AWD) but only a tiny bit worse than my other GM/non-GM vehicles, and have learned to hold the brakes, or 2-foot it, and then take off fast. That's the skinny on it.

DO NOT confuse this with the other issue of "rolling too much", immediately after putting vehicle into PARK, and releasing the foot brake pedal. Different issue, but again, does exists in varying degree, depending on who you ask. Indigenous to Enclave it seems. Be aware, be safe, enjoy your Enclave. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts