EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a 2011 2WD CXL that's started having a rough shift from 1st to 2nd a couple days ago. It's usually not very pronounced. For a while I thought it was rough roads but I noticed it always happened at the 1-2 shift. The other shifts are all fine.

It doesn't happen when the fluids are cold. And it doesn't seem to get worse once the car is warmed up. Also it only seems to happen at lower revs. If I have to accelerate quite a bit the shift is smooth.

I connected my Veepeak ECU to Torque lite and checked but there were no codes that I could find. I checked the fluid cold and the color is fine but it looks overfilled. I'll check again when it's hot. I don't know if that makes a difference.

I've done some searching on the internet but not really found anything that sounds like what's happening. I've read that sometimes it's the transmission computer needing a reprogram but this hasn't been to the dealer in ages. I do most of my own maintenance.

Any ideas what this could be? I'm dreading the possibility of an expensive trip to the mechanic.

2011 CXL 115k

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
how many miles?
being a 2011- what comes to mind are laminate discs in the TECHM.
they tear and cause some odd shifting.
this is what I typed up on the TECHM repair thread.

my 2010 @ 144,000.

Sonnax kit, $33.99- ebay
24240184 Valve cover wiring gasket- $8.17
24229593 Valve cover gasket- $4.54................... total $16.06 w/shipping. rockauto.
6 qts of DexVI. - $56.70
$106.75 total for parts required.

5 hrs for trans job.

I scanned several times and no CEL set or pending since I began to feel the symptoms.

Symptoms began about 2 weeks ago.

2-3 second delay when shifting into D-- this was the most obvious symptom.

Occasionally, when coming to a sudden stop. Once I stopped. Felt like someone bumped me from behind. Almost like it had a delayed shift from 2 to 1. 1st time it happened, I looked in the rearview mirror as I thought someone had bumped me.
All shifts appeared normal 98% of the time. With an occasional delayed shift every now and then.

From having read this thread in the past- the delayed shift into D was the big clue.
So I ordered the parts online.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
I found I had 3 torn disc.

my pics can be found on this thread.
note my pics/info start on page 6.
this thread has 10 pages.
I would read them all- to see if others report shifting issues like yours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

The car has about 115k. I ran the transmission through the gears manually and there's definitely something up with the 1-2 shift. It's getting noticeably rougher. Like you rev the engine and drop it into gear. Not quite like getting bumped but it's becoming more noticeable. And it happens every time at low speed but not at high speed (for 1st gear anyway).

I'm wondering if I'm in the early stages of this failure with the 1st gear disc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts