EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
TSS said:
I believe I was the first on here to buy those Continentals in May 2013. I find the ride to be good. I don't like the tires for other reasons. But ride is not one of them.
Please elaborate. :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
kenthurgood said:
For winter driving, I have Toyo snow tires on factory rims.

So when the snow does finally begin to fall again, Brrrrrrrrr .... sorry, I won't be much help.
It's so odd...nobody who's mounted the Toyos has had any winter weather driving experience with them. It's a bit of a tease, even after a few years on the market. :-\

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Subarus come factory equipped with Continentals. I don't really care for them, and the general feeling on the Subaru forum is not so good, either. I have just turned 40,000 miles on mine, and they are going to need replacement before another 10,000. Or sooner. Not near the wear I got with the OEM Michelins on the Enclave.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Just a joke here.... Maybe if there WAS air in the tires it might ride better. Or, here's one: "If they weren't Flintstone mobil rocks, they might ride better." :hilarious2: Sorry, I'm bored tonight. :) Good luck on the tire endeavor. I look forward to further reviews.

·
Registered
592 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Please elaborate. :popcorn:
[/quote

Wet traction from a stop. ......with FWD.....AWD wouldn't be an issue......

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
rockyp said:
Subarus come factory equipped with Continentals. I don't really care for them, and the general feeling on the Subaru forum is not so good, either. I have just turned 40,000 miles on mine, and they are going to need replacement before another 10,000. Or sooner. Not near the wear I got with the OEM Michelins on the Enclave.
I've got 47,000 on my factory Contis, and I'll currently be surprised if they don't go a full 60,000 miles.

They're obviously no handling tire; but my wife is approaching her fourth full winter with them at the 4 corners; and until now, she's never ONCE complained about a loss of traction (which is admittedly a strength of the basic Outback platform). Plus, I have no complaints about noisy operation.

Maybe I've just been luckier than other Conti owners.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could just be more hypersensitive.

My wife drives the Enclave 90% of the time. I drive my Subaru. After we had a serpentine belt failure on the Enclave I am paying attention (drive myself crazy more like it) listening to every sound and every bump. I just took the Enclave for a 10 mile ride to the mall -- it's rougher than I remember it, but quiet and luxurious as always.

No worries, I just need to be a bit less paranoid. Too much negativity on some of the boards here, I have to remind myself people come here to ask for help with problems.
Dulino
We drive a 2017 Enclave and, during extreme cold weather (normal Canadian prairie winter) it rides like a stone boat. - nasty ride, much rougher than any other vehicle we have had (semi trailer units included)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts