1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Direct from http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?page=Future_Product_Guide
(Not a GM website)

For the 2009 Model Year:

Saturn Outlook: Two-mode hybrid version of the Outlook will come in 2009 model-year.

Buick Enclave: A Super model could show up in late 2008 as a 2009 model sporting a new 4.6L Ultra V8 with over 320 HP. This Super model could also have the leather-covered dash and multimedia system from the Enclave concept vehicle.

Chevrolet Traverse: As expected, Chevrolet will get a Lambda crossover; to be named Traverse. The direct-injected 3.6L HF V6 will power the new CUV (as it will all Lambda vehicles) and an optional Ultra V8 is anticipated, however a two-mode hybrid Traverse is also under consideration. Production will begin in August 2008 at the Spring Hill, Tennessee plant.

GMC Acadia: A Denali version of the Acadia will arrive several months after the vehicle's launch. It will be powered by a 4.6L Ultra V8, making around 330 HP. It is expected to be a 2009 model.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i wish all of that was true but i dont think it is..

R

·
0 Posts
this article has been around alot, nothing has changes since march when we first saw this article.

but thanks for the info anyway :thumb:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
No changes to the enclave please at least till my-2011, then my lease will be over ;D

R

·
0 Posts
i love the enclave but if they came out with an acadia denali, i just have something for denalis, i would do some serious convincing to my dad to trade his, or maybe my mother would be ready for an update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i work for a dealership that sells these vehicles. My GM rep has said that there will be a buick enclave super and a gmc acadia denali in 2009. again the buick and the acadia will debut in 09. im not sure about the saturn hybrid. i have not heard anything about that. but if the hybrid is true then you will probably see them very soon also. any questions fire away......but you gotta come buy a car from me......

·
Registered
743 Posts
isellcars1 said:
i work for a dealership that sells these vehicles. My GM rep has said that there will be a buick enclave super and a gmc acadia denali in 2009. again the buick and the acadia will debut in 09. im not sure about the saturn hybrid. i have not heard anything about that. but if the hybrid is true then you will probably see them very soon also. any questions fire away......but you gotta come buy a car from me......
Where are you Located ??

·
Registered
171 Posts
If this is really true about the Enclave Super (which I'm skeptical), what engine would they use? The '09 base engine already will have 285+ hp. It would make no sense to drop in the Northstar V8 from the DTS that is rated at 275hp (not to mention if it would even fit).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
im sorry but i cant believe this.. :( :eek: ??? :eek:hno: :sosad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
GMoney I couldn't agree more. They will be taking order for the 09s in the next couple of months and if this was the case you would have heard an announcement at either the Chicago show (when they announced the Traverse) or if they didn't want to steal that thunder at least the New York show. Unless they delay orders for the 09s.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
isellcars1 said:
Welcome! Honest, helpful dealer types are always nice to have here! I would like the choice of a gas/Hybrid for more power & economy. But in this gas market, a diesel with a turbo seems more likely first. I don't doubt you, just GM's plans. ;)

Tell us where you are and a few here may contact you for price/availability. THX.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Clave Man said:
Direct from http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?page=Future_Product_Guide
(Not a GM website)

For the 2009 Model Year:

Buick Enclave: A Super model could show up in late 2008 as a 2009 model sporting a new 4.6L Ultra V8 with over 320 HP. This Super model could also have the leather-covered dash and multimedia system from the Enclave concept vehicle.
Won't happen!
That engine. already approved for production at the Tonawanda NY engine plant, was cancelled after the new fuel mileage regs were announced. Bummer! :mad:

·
Registered
758 Posts
newtobuick said:
Won't happen!
That engine. already approved for production at the Tonawanda NY engine plant, was canceled after the new fuel mileage regs were announced. Bummer! :mad:
Yeah. Apparently the Tonawanda plant is to build the newly designed carbon steel blocked V8 turbodiesel destined for light trucks and SUV's. No news since the announcement a while ago.

TM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
Tin Man
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing