EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI. I've been shopping around since before i picked up my Enclave and was just quoted the dealer price of $595.00 for the prepainted molded running boards. It seems like a good deal at $200.00 off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am a new owner. I believe I saw a few Enclaves with the little floorboards, but i don't know where to find them. Are these the only floorboards you've seen for our cars?

I'll keep looking!

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
24FAN24-7

I am also considering molded assist steps and the best price I've found on line is $625.00 obviously not installed. Make sure your dealer is quoting a price on the molded assist steps. My dealer wanted $900.00 installed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
24FAN24-7

Make sure the part number is 17802581, 17802582, 17802583, 17802584 or 17802585.
These are GM part numbers for the "Assist steps, molded" depending on your color.

The part number 12499965 is for "Assist Steps, Chrome w/ Black Step Pad" which are considerable cheaper.

Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the molded Cocoa Ash Assist Steps ($650) and the Cocoa Ash rear mud flaps ($60) from the dealer for the Cocoa Metallic Enclave. Perfect color match. Used several websites as leverage to negotiate prices with dealer. Let me tell you the assist steps are a pain to install. Got the box home and read instructions about prying off molding and drilling holes. ME drill a hole in the new car. yea right. Service dept quoted install at $100. so back across town with box in back. They spent all day struggling with them.

They just called and said it ready to pick up. I'm so excited to see it. IT like getting a new car all over again. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Update on Running boards

The small portions that attach to the front fender began to peel away from the vehicle. Initially the dealer did not have a clue so they applied 2 sided tape to hold it. The kind uses for body side molding. it seems to work so far as this part dos not get any pressure from a person standing on it.

Dealer called back and said that GM recognizes problem and is sending them a special clip for each side. presumably the clip sill hold the piece in place. .

Will send pics to better explain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my 09 last week. The dealer was to install the running boards prior to my pickup. He did not. He said the factory was having paint issues with the running boards. The paint was chipping off or would not bond well to the board and they were trying to remedy the problem before any more would be sent out? I am waiting for their call. I am referring to the side steps, but I thought side steps and running boards were one in the same?

·
Registered
37 Posts
One thing to consider with the molded running boards is if you live where it snows and the car gets really sloppy and dirty, if you are short,
when getting out, if you don't step on the board, and you slide your leg down to the ground, your pants or leg will get dirty real fast, especially
if the car has alot of dried salt on the sides. Otherwise the boards look very classy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking for a molded splash guard for behind the front wheels that fits with the molded assist steps. The problem is, I live in a state that gets mud and snow and they use salt and sand on the roads. When driving the front tires throw material up on to the steps. I like the steps and with 2 children they are very handy. A set of splash guards would stop this but the factory guards won't fit with the molded assist steps. Has anyone found a solution? If i could find a set of plain, flat, brown flaps, i could fasten them to the inside of the wheel well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This past Saturday I had the opportunity to see two 2009 Enclaves at the at the Jacksonville FL Car & Truck Show. Both Enclaves had the "running boards" installed. Don't know if they were factory or dealer installed but I did not like them. I am 5' 6" tall and weigh 160 pounds. Also I'm 79 years old. Without them I can put my butt on the seat and slide in, with the running board I had to step on it then lift myself up using my bad knees to get on the seat. Also my right pant leg would come into contact with the side of the "running board" and would get dirty from rubbing on it. No "running boards" for me. I love my 2008 Buick Enclave just the way it is. March 2009 I will have had my Enclave for 1 year and currently have almost 11,000 miles on it .
Richard

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tuckermech said:
This past Saturday I had the opportunity to see two 2009 Enclaves at the at the Jacksonville FL Car & Truck Show. Both Enclaves had the "running boards" installed. Don't know if they were factory or dealer installed but I did not like them. I am 5' 6" tall and weigh 160 pounds. Also I'm 79 years old. Without them I can put my butt on the seat and slide in, with the running board I had to step on it then lift myself up using my bad knees to get on the seat. Also my right pant leg would come into contact with the side of the "running board" and would get dirty from rubbing on it. No "running boards" for me. I love my 2008 Buick Enclave just the way it is. March 2009 I will have had my Enclave for 1 year and currently have almost 11,000 miles on it .
Richard
I'm not 79 but I agree; to me the factory (or any) running boards/assist steps on the Enclave are just in the way. My wife just had to have them until we saw an Enclave in a Publix parking lot one day while ours was on order. The owner was just returning to the car so I ask if we could try them out. Good thing we did; not for us. May be different if you have small children getting in and out a lot.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The only thing that the factory running boards are good for are getting your pant legs nice and dirty every time you get in and out of your Clave :happy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the "Hit-the-Road" Pkg on my clave. I'd like to remove the moulded running boards. Has anyone done this? Anything I need to worry about. I understand I will have to purchase moldings where they attach.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Being in the Foreign Service (US Dept of State), I travel around the world to work in our Embassies overseas. I usually buy Toyotas because of the resell value and reputation for building a quality and reliable vehicle. However, this time I figured it was time to do my part for the American economy and workers and buy American. I bought my first Buick...a 2009 Enclave in Red Jewel Tincoat ;D!!! Great Job GM :thumb:!! Anyways, with two children and one on the way (October), I thought that I would install the molded assist steps. $739.00 is a lot of money for these steps...but I was quoted an installation charge of $425 and some odd cents by my dealerships service department. Now that I can not justify! Even though I hear it is a time consuming installation...that is steep! I could not help but think that things like this contributes to the problems in Detroit. Oh well, I will not have the steps installed and I STILL love my Buick!!!

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Yeah, that sounds high...just for the installation, don't blame you on passing on that one. Perhaps there's some other source that has running boards, not factory, that would work for you, and for a fraction of the cost. Try a place like Ziebart, or similar in your area that puts things on aftermarket. Glad you are enjoying your Enclave. I've only owned GM's and I have to say this is a step up from what we've had in the past, eventhough we've always had great reliability from all our cars, and hope to with the Enclave too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
kentmp said:
I have the "Hit-the-Road" Pkg on my clave. I'd like to remove the moulded running boards. Has anyone done this? Anything I need to worry about. I understand I will have to purchase moldings where they attach.
If you ever plan on using the roof racks, you probably want the running boards. But, I can't help you with your question. I haven't removed them, in fact, mine didn't come with that package.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi i just today finished installing after market running boards made by owens , took about 8 hours and 6 drill bits . Its a good quality product, does not look as good as the factory ones but will be very servicable whic is what i need hope this helps some. there are several members here who have installed the same brand.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well...my new 2010 came with the "Hit the Road" package and has the running boards as you can see below. I was a little hesitant at first but actually like them a lot. They look super sharp and my wife's happy so that's really all that matters :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I love my Red Jewel, but that White Diamond is beautiful! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts