EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to two dealerships and saw rust under the car on three Enclaves. I live in Northern CA. First I thought it was just the one car I was looking at. Then I saw it on another at the same dealership. Today, I went to a different dealership and saw it again. I could see it on the exhaust pipes and on the hinges that holds it up. That's what I could see by just looking underneath. The salesman told me it is probably due to moisture from sitting at lots. Aren't they supposed to be rustproofed. This is the first I have seen this on brand new vehicles.

Is this normal for Enclaves? I hope the answer is no.

·
Registered
107 Posts
rail dust is very fine and metallic and when moisture hits it does form rust, rail dust meaning from
being transported by train............................

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife also noticed rust on the exhaust system and catalytic converter after we brought our new Enclave home last week. It was quite noticeable as you stood several feet away looking at the Enclave. I took a wet scotch brite pad and rubbed the rust off fairly easily. According to the owners manual, the exhaust system is corrosion proofed. I am going to keep an eye on it to see if the rust returns.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i think there was talk about this earlier and it ended up not actually being rust.. from the enclave at least. i would search for rust or something in the search box and then read over that thread..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read that link. Is "stainless steel discoloration" the same color as rust? Because it looked like there was rust on those three Enclaves I saw. As for rail dust, if this accumulates during transport, does it mean rust is common? I thought the exhaust is rust proofed?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The rail dust is actually rail rust from the train wheels.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i dont know for sure but i think the discoloration is the same color as rust.?.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts