EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sirius is now offering "Backseat TV". The webpage says it should be a $470 option on the new Chryslers. I don't want a Chrysler, but I sure wish XM would offer something simular. Has anyone heard if XM may be developing this same programming and hardware?

http://www.sirius.com/backseattv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
There were ramblings at least a while back of XM, at first, offering satellite TV/video services, and with Sirius now out and offering it in Chrysler vehicles, they very well might soon.

Of course, it would have to be integrated into the systems, but could be doable after the fact with a module, etc. Still, XM hasn't announced anything recently,. And as with Sirius, you'd likely be limited to just a few kid-friendly channels (Sirius offers Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network alone).

We'll see if they do, or don't. Shouldn't be much longer, if they do.
 
G

·
well its better than spending 4k to get the directv installed, also better than rabbit ears.

im not a minivan person, so i already dont like it, but it would be awsome if Gm developed somthing like that in the Suburbans, and gmc's conversion vans would be perfect. :blob: :blob:

just built one and fully loaded it is less than a fully loaded enclave, but how will it hold up in the long run.

about 42,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
well its better than spending 4k to get the directv installed, also better than rabbit ears.

im not a minivan person, so i already dont like it, but it would be awsome if Gm developed somthing like that in the Suburbans, and gmc's conversion vans would be perfect. :blob: :blob:

just built one and fully loaded it is less than a fully loaded enclave, but how will it hold up in the long run.

about 42,000
WHAT????????????????????? I guess I just don't get you dude....This whole post makes no sense to me.
 
G

·
bsox said:
WHAT????????????????????? I guess I just don't get you dude....This whole post makes no sense to me.
i dont understand you , what was wrong with my post!!!!

i was simply stating that 400 for the sirius tv is better than the 4K required to buy and install this system from directv http://www.kvh.com/products/product.asp?id=125, it may not be directv equipment but it is their programing,

also i was stating that i am NOT a minivan person, as some other people on here, but i love the idea that chrysler has done in the new town and country, like the 180 degree captains chairs and the table, plus the duel flip down tv's (although cadillac has the duel tvs on the esv), and that it would be neat if GM did something like it in the Full size Suvs or the Savanna Conversion van.

i built a town and country with everything on it and found it to be about 42,000, a fully loaded enclave is 45,000, simply putting that it is some competition for the enclave.

does that clear up everything or do you need it read to you by your mommy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
i dont understand you , what was wrong with my post!!!!

i was simply stating that 400 for the sirius tv is better than the 4K required to buy and install this system from directv http://www.kvh.com/products/product.asp?id=125, it may not be directv equipment but it is their programing,

does that clear up everything or do you need it read to you by your mommy.
Wow, no need to get snotty about it. I personally found the $4K comment confusing also until I read it a second time and then realized you were talking about some after market TV system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Wantone said:
Sirius is now offering "Backseat TV". The webpage says it should be a $470 option on the new Chryslers. I don't want a Chrysler, but I sure wish XM would offer something simular. Has anyone heard if XM may be developing this same programming and hardware?

http://www.sirius.com/backseattv
from what i understand xm is working on a similar system that may be ready in a couple of years.... says sirus is still having problems w/the one in the chryslers, nonetheless, still selling it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
WHAT????????????????????? I guess I just don't get you dude....This whole post makes no sense to me.
I totally understood what Thunder was saying, which really worries me... [/color] :eek:hno:

Thunder, be nice...[/color] :drunk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
does that clear up everything or do you need it read to you by your mommy.
Well now that you took the time to write out full sentences and explained your comments I guess I won't need my Mommy to help me. This is from the college student who told us all how the same japanese pilots from pearl harbor were on the line building japanese cars. Your pretty much a jerk from what I can tell and trust me, I will no longer be responding to any of your posts so you won't have to worry about your superior intelligence being over my head any longer.
 
G

·
bsox said:
Well now that you took the time to write out full sentences and explained your comments I guess I won't need my Mommy to help me. This is from the college student who told us all how the same japanese pilots from pearl harbor were on the line building japanese cars. Your pretty much a jerk from what I can tell and trust me, I will no longer be responding to any of your posts so you won't have to worry about your superior intelligence being over my head any longer.

i think its funny how every body got that backwards, i said that the people building cars at the time were just like the people building cars. not that the ones that were in the plane are working today, infact their probably dead. :eek:hno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
I believe this is your quote Thunder, probably just me being stupid again, my mommy didn't help me read this one either.

"ALRIGHT GO GM, I hope toyota finds no sales in the U.S. and gets the heck out of here and back to japan where they belong, this is america, i pity anybody who drive a jap car. Like supporting the japanese when they bombed pearl harbor. Honda is the same way.    Only out of country car i like is mercedes benz, and i know yall are going to say "well thats like supporting the holocaust" well hitler had nothing to do with mercedes benz, also the same people who made cars in japan probably were in the planes in 1941".
 
G

·
bsox said:
I believe this is your quote Thunder, probably just me being stupid again, my mommy didn't help me read this one either.

"ALRIGHT GO GM, I hope toyota finds no sales in the U.S. and gets the heck out of here and back to japan where they belong, this is america, i pity anybody who drive a jap car. Like supporting the japanese when they bombed pearl harbor. Honda is the same way. Only out of country car i like is mercedes benz, and i know yall are going to say "well thats like supporting the holocaust" well hitler had nothing to do with mercedes benz, also the same people who made cars in japan probably were in the planes in 1941".
MADE, not make, MADE, so what i was saying which i admit was not very smart is the people on the car line in 1941 probably enlested in the military and were in the planes, like i say japan wouldnt hire 80-90 year old's to built cars today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
let it go thunder.... those of us who have been around for awhile know what you mean..... :sosad:
 
G

·
MsS42 said:
let it go thunder.... those of us who have been around for awhile know what you mean..... :sosad:
i have let it go, every time i say somthing that this jackass does not like he brings it up. :angryfire: :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
ok lets get back on topic...

has anybody tried putting rabbet ears in there and connecting them to the DVD?
 
G

·
Gmoney - rebbit ears alone wouldn't be enough. You'll need a tuner to select a given frequency and output it. They do make external tuners though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
I imagine that in the not too distant future we will see TV Antennas similar to the OnStar and Nav Antennas 8)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top